Chapter 18

Charlotte's POV

I couldn't sleep for the life of me, I tossed and turned for what felt forever until I knew I wasn't going to sleep. I got up to maybe sneak in some TV without waking up Beau, he beat me to the punch.

"Hey! Is the TV too loud?" he asked.

"No, not at all. I just couldn't sleep." I said sitting next to him.

"Oh good." he said wrapping his arm around me "you pick what we watch." he said giving me the remote.

"Mhm, let's see here..." I said scrolling through the channels " I found the perfect show.

"The Real House Wives of L.A?" he asked

"Yep. One of my favorites." I smiled.

We watched the entire two hours, his face was priceless. He was in pain but kept watching the tv. After the show was over they showed previews for the next episode coming up.

"Oh look! It's a marathon!" I taunted.

"Oh damn..." he tried to say quietly.

"I actually really hate this show." I laughed.

"What?" he asked.

"I... don't... like... this... show" I repeated slowly.

"And you made me sit through the whole two hours?!" he asked hiding his laugh.

"Yep! And you didn't say a word!" I said sitting up so we were face to face.

"Because you said it was your favorite!" he smiled.

"You sat through that for me?" I said with a cheeky smile.

"Yes! And it was all a lie." he said pretending to be hurt.

"Awe you're sweet." I said giving him a hug.

"Oh the things I do for you." he said kissing my forehead.

"Here! Now you pick." I said giving him the remote.

"That's it we're watching hockey highlights."

"Again?" I whined.

"Yes again." he mimicked.

We didn't even make through the first ten minutes. I woke up the next morning still in his arms.

Matt's POV

"Wake up!" yelled Gabe, "The bus leaves in fifteen."

"Why am I always the one who gets their alarm turned off?" I asked getting up.

"It's fun to watch you scrum. " he laughed, "hurry up!" he said throwing my practice jersey at me.

I was so happy once practice was over, I wasn't sure why I was so exhausted.  Once we got back to the hotel I saw I had a missed called from Char.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey! How's it going?" I asked.

"Good! Just heading to the airport. How was practice?"

"Good. Think we can beat the Stars."

"You better or you aren't coming back in the house!" she laughed.

"I would be kicked out of my own house?" I asked sarcastcally.

"Yep! Mel and Ashley can move in instead. We'll even throw Kailey in there!" she laughed.

"Poor Paisley. "

"No he won't mind it."

"Probably not!" I laughed, "hey I gotta go. I'll see you later." I said.

"Remember if you want back in you better win."

"Okay okay I got it."

"Good luck! Talk to you later."

"Thanks." I said before hanging up the phone.

***

Game time was here. I was excited another chance to get closer to a playoffs spot.

In the beginning the score board was not in our favor, the whole team was nervous. The was until the the third, who knew we could score three goals in five minutes.  We sent the game into overtime and then a shootout.

"Next shooter for the Avalanche... Matt Duchene!" yelled the announcer.

I took a deep breath then started skating, as I was approaching the net I still had no clue what I was going to do. Then I shot top shelf, relieved as it hit the back of the net. Nine more rounds later we were headed to the airport with a victory.

When I got home I saw Charlotte laying on the couch with Paisley on her lap.

"You got lucky." she said getting up and giving me a hug, Pittsburgh changed her.

"Good to see you too." I laughed hugging her back, "I'll see you tomorrow, goodnight. " I said.

"Goodnight." she replied.

A/n THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALMOST 2K READS! YOU GUYS ARE TRULY THE BEST! Please keep reading and voting! It makes my day to see how many reads this story is gaing. So I haven't updated in a while, cause school. But love you guys! :)