Chapter 19

I woke up the next morning to Charlotte banging pots and pans in the kitchen.  After about ten minutes of the chaos I got up and went into the kitchen.

"Why the hell are you up?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"I woke up this morning thinking I was late for school then I checked my email and three of my professors canceled class to my only class isn't till four, so I decided to try to cook something." she explained while still searching through the pots.

"But you can't cook." I laughed sitting on the bar stool.

"You're an asshole." she said still struggling.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked.

"Four?" she guessed

"I thought you said you were running late?"

"Okay fine I lied. I couldn't sleep." Then out of no where she screamed, a bag of powered sugar spilt on her while she was looking through the pantry.

After I was able to get my laughing under control I got up and sat next to her on the floor. "And why couldn't you sleep? " I asked dusting off her hair.

"Beau invited me to this charity ball thing next weekend and I'm nervous."

"Don't be nervous, you'll have fun." I said giving her a side hug and hiding my nervous face. 

"Thanks. I'm going to go shower." she said getting up.

"What? You're not going to help me clean up?" I whined.

"Nope." She said going into to her room.

All I could do was laugh.

Charlotte's POV

After I got out of the shower Beau called me.

"Hello?" I answered

"Hey gorgeous! What you up to?" he asked.

"Oh nothing just school today."

"Oh good luck with that." he laughed, "well I wanted to ask you if you could come a day early next weekend?"

"Mhm, I don't know. You are going to have to come up with a pretty good deal for that to happen." I teased.

"Oh really? Mhm, I'll buy you pizza and ice cream."

"You'll have to do better."

"Fine! Uh, I'll play piano for you."

"Keep going." I laughed.

"You're killing me smalls! Uh... I'll buy you two pizzas."

"Deal."

"Are you serious?"

"Yep, can't wait to hear some piano playing." I laughed then hung up.

When I walked out Mel was there, in tears.

"Mel are you okay? What happened?" I asked sitting next to her.

"Gabe and I got into a fight and..." even more tears.

"Is Matt with Gabe?" I asked,  she shook her head yes. I didn't say anything more I just hugged her.

After a while she told me what I had happened, "I was yelling at him for being such a slob and how he never wants to be with me anymore..."

"Oh Mel. Of course he wants to be with you!" I reassured her.

"I guess I was just jealous because you and Beau live in different states but he still makes a lot of time for you."

"Please, don't be jealous. And don't ever think Gabe doesn't want to be with you."

"I feel bad now for yelling at him."

"Just talk to him." I smiled.

Matt's POV

As we sat on the park bench Gabe told me everything.  I felt bad for him, I mean that's the worst when your girlfriend yells at you saying you don't make time for her.

"You just need to talk to her." I told him.

"Yeah right. She won't want to talk to me anymore."

"Worth a shot."

"Whatever let's just go."

When we got home, Mel and Charlotte were sitting on the couch. When Gabe walked in he told Mel he wanted to talk.

When they went outside I sat next to Char.

"Relationships." she smiled.

"Eh, they'll work it out. Always do." I reassured her, "so excited to go to Pittsburgh again?"

"Yeah but I need to try and find something to wear."

Before I could say anything Gabe and Mel walked in together, obviously they sorted things out.

"See I told you to talk to her." I told Gabe before they left. Afterwards I pulled Char off the couch, "come on we are going to find you a dress.

When we got to the mall I started ripping dresses off the racks and had her try them on.

"My boobs are like up to my chin!" she said adjusting the top of it, it was a deep blue strapless dress that dragged on the floor.

"Hey at least I'm not making you wear a turtle neck." she rolled her eyes and went back into the dressing room.

"I like this one." she said coming out in a solid while dress the went above her knees and open at the sides.

"Hell no! This ain't no rap video."

"Oh my god you're so stupid sometimes." She said going back.

"That's the one!" I practically yelled when she stepped out. She was wearing a soft pink dress with sequence the went from the one shoulder strap into a belt.

"We'll take it." she smiled at the sales associate. 

A/N 2.03k READS?! NO WAY! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! Please keep reading and voting, I hope you guys are still enjoying my story!  I'll update when I can. Love you guys :)