Chapter 16; Claire Curvel

Start from the beginning

Shane rose an eyebrow, a smirk on his face. "To think we had something going on sunshine," Shane implied, making me frown. I wrapped my arms around my waist tightly, the cool wind making me shiver. "Come on, I'll take you to him sunshine."

I nodded. I followed behind him as we walked to the small fire Lori was tending, Rick's group around it. They seemed like they were just discussing something as Daryl walked over. I made my way over to Glenn; lifting his arm up and tucking myself into his side. Glenn tightened his arm around my shoulder and wrapped his other arm around my waist.

The tension between us was still there. I didn't want to speak to him and he probably didn't want to speak to me for the way I treated him yesterday, but he was the only one I trusted out of Rick's group other than Lori, Carl, and Dale.

"Boy there's got a gang of 30 men," Daryl spoke as he walked up to his group. Boy? I eyed his bloody fist suspiciously, my stomach churning in worry. "They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna wish-" he paused looking towards Lori, Carol, Maggie, and me. "They're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?"

Daryl looked towards me before looking down. "Had a little chat."

"No one goes near this guy," Rick ordered, his stern gaze on me. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Why is everyone looking at me? What guy? Why was Daryl's hand bloody?

"Rick, what are you gonna do?" Lori asked.

I caught Dale's gaze, his eyes looking at me sadly. Who's in the barn that they are all worried about?

"We have no choice. He's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat."

"Who's a threat?" I spoke up in confusion. My confusion only added on as Rick's group looked at me with guilty expressions, Glenn's hold on me tightening a little too tight.

Dale walked up to Rick, disbelief on his face. "You're just gonna kill him?"

"It's settled. I'll do it today."

"Who is it?" I asked again, my voice sharper this time.

"Claire..." Glenn trailed off, his voice warning.

"Randall," I whispered in horror. I shook Glenn's arms off of me, taking off to the barn at full sprint.

"Claire don't go over there!" Maggie shouted.

"Claire!"

"Sunshine, Rick said no one at the barn!"

I didn't stop as I got to the barn, slamming into the doors at full force. I yelped as I fell back in pain, jumping back to my feet as I yanked on the chain on the barn.

"Claire! Stop!"

"Get your hands off of me!" I screamed. I thrashed around as I was lifted off the ground easily and someone began to carry me away from the barn. "Randall! Randy!" I screamed.

"Claire, sweetheart hes a threat," Lori tried to reason from in front of me, but I was too busy trying to look back at the barn. "Randall," I cried out.

I brought my elbow forward, jamming it back into someone's chest, making them drop me. I looked up for a split second to see Daryl hunched over in pain. I kicked at Lori's feet, making her fall to the ground as Glenn and Maggie made a grab for me. "Randall!"

"Claire! Claire help me!"

Randall's screams only fueled my anger. I stood up, wiggling out of Daryl and Glenn's grasp, punching Maggie right in the jaw as I noticed Rick and Shane come running over with T-Dog and Hershel. I know I was definitely going to get in trouble for all of this, but that's my brother in that barn.

"Claire!" Hershel shouted in anger. "Claire, you stay away from that barn!"

I ran towards the barn again, yelping as someone yanked on my hair. I pulled away, ignoring the pain as I tried to make my way to the barn. "God damn it! Get her!"

"Rick don't! She's just a kid!" I heard Lori shout.

I screamed out as I was tackled to the ground harshly, my chin scraping against the dirt. I coughed out, the wind getting knocked out of me. I was flipped over, Rick hovering over me as he lifted me to my feet. I gulped, tears springing to my eyes at his furious face.

"You ever try something like that again and I'll kill you," he spat in my face. "Don't ever put your hands on my wife again."

"Rick, let her go," Glenn said slowly, his hand on Rick's shoulder as everyone crowded around us.

Rick let me go, making me dropped down to my butt. "I j-j-just wa-want to see Randall," I wept, staring up at him in anger.

"You leave me no choice Claire."

A hard object connected with the back of my head before everything went black.