Family Day Pt. 8

Nico's POV

So after everyone stopped laughing, we ate in silence. Legitly everyone was stuffing their face and didn't have time to talk.

Esperanza came back in, without Leo.

"I don't know where he is! I looked everywhere."

He's on the fucking roof isn't he.

"I'll go look for him."

I got up. Guess I don't get any time with my family. I walked out of the cafeteria and straight to the stairs.

When I got to the top, I saw him. Oh gods, is he crying?

"Leo?"

His body tensed. I walked over to him and sat down, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't touch me!"

He pushed my hand off. Kay, what the fuck.

"Leo? What's the matter?"

"Everything."

He sniffled.

"C'mon you can tell me!"

"No I can't, you'll just get mad at me, and then tell everyone and everyone will hate me!"

"Leo, I promise I won't tell anyone."

He looked at me. I smiled.

"Tell me, Lili!"

He smiled for a second, but went back to frowning.

"Um....well...I've been hanging out with Cally and her friends behind everyone's back."

He looked at me.

"Oh."

I got up.

"Nico?"

"Why? Are we not good enough for you? They make fun of us all the time! Why would you want to hang out with them?!"

"You promised you wouldn't get mad!"

I stared at him.

"Yeah, well....just answer my questions!"

"I don't know Nico! It just happened."

"Then stop!"

"Why, they're my friends! Look I know they're dicks to you guys, but I'm trying to make them stop, but with your little stunt, they're gonna be worst!"

"Oh fucking well Leo! Look just stop they're not your friends they don't actually care about like we do, okay? They're probably just using you to get closer to us."

He rolled his eyes, and turned back to the school ground.

"Things were so much easier last year."

Did he really just say that?

"What? Before I was here?"

"Kinda yeah."

"And I'm the bi-polar one."

"What does that mean?"

"It means you kissed me, then called me an asshole and now your saying you wished you never met me!"

"That's not what I meant! Nico I like you and that's what's confusing me! I didn't think I liked guys until I met you and it's messing me up, okay!"

"You can blame me for this! You said-"

"I lied okay! I didn't want you to know you're fucking me up so bad! Okay."

"Okay."

He looked a little shocked.