right or wrong

I wake up sweating and gasping for air. I thought the medicine had finally stopped the nightmares for good.

That happened on my birthday. I was sad my mother had forgot; I was hoping that she'd remember and soften up to me. It seemed like the complete opposite happened. She would keep beating me even more after what happened. It got to the point where even Dad couldn't stop her.Eventually, she got tired of beating me.

And my crazy ass missed it.

At least when she beat me, she didn't walk past me like I was a ghost. When she beat me, I could hear her voice and know that in a way she was hurt too. When she beat me, I knew that she acknowledged my existence and still in a way I could cling to hope.

Maybe when she wasn't angry with me anymore, we could go back, and she'd be my mom again. After she was done, maybe she'd love me again.

Instead, she chose to just forget about me. I guess that's why I force myself to forget her too.

I get out of bed groggily heading towards the cabinet right under my sink. Reaching in one of the bottom drawers, I grab the Prazosin out of its place and open up the bottle. I tilt my head back and drop the capsules in my mouth along with the water in my palms.

~~

When I get to work I do my best to stay out of Chris' sight. I probably don't have anything to worry about anyway. He's probably still mad about our fight last night and probably even more angry after seeing another man at my house after our date.

I hope he didn't see who that man was.

Fortunately, when I walk in I notice that Chris is helping someone at his desk. I head quickly towards the elevator, clicking the button for the 58th floor.

Once I'm in the hallway, I hear Lukas' voice booming from his office. "I can't believe you dumb asses would do something so stupid!" I can tell by his tone that he's furious. What could have possibly set him off this bad?

"To jeopardize our fucking shipments, and almost risk..."

"You fucking bitches don't know how much bullshit with my father you're about to put me through!" I hear a loud crash that sounds a lot like glass shattering on the ground. "Uscire!"

What language is that? I continue walking towards his office door. Before I can get halfway down the hall two men come out. The men look fairly familiar and angry. Well, only one looks angry. The smaller man with dark brown hair and green eyes mutters under his breath, cursing.

"I don't know who the fuck he thinks he's talking to. Just because he's about to take over his father's-" he stops mid-sentence after the buff guy beside him elbows him in the stomach.

The big guy has electric blue eyes with light brown hair. I recognize them both as the two guys from the picture my trainer Evan showed me a few days ago. I can't recall their names.

The pictures defines didn't do them justice. These guys are both a sight for sore eyes. "What are you doing out here?" The smaller guy questions, accusation in his tone.

His voice is deep and his tone itself sends tremors down my spine. I definitely shouldn't fuck with him.

That doesn't mean I won't.