black lamborghini

Bailey

"He doesn't let us monitor the companies transactions." My trainer says, "Weird, I know. But it kinda made sense when he explained it to us."

Evan and I are in a large room with a long glass desk in the middle of it. This is where all the big meetings are held.

I nod my head, taking the information in. "We have a COO, and a board chairperson, they are quite young actually, who are both in charge of the sales transactions."

He chuckles, "In short, they take care of all the serious stuff and we take care of all the actually running the business stuff."

I laugh and Evan gets up, crosses the room, and grabs a picture off of his desk, "Here." He points at a handsome man with light green eyes and hair the shade of Lukas', "This is the COO, his name is Micheal. And here's..." Evan is moving his finger around the picture and finally points at a big burly guy with striking blue electric eyes and light brown hair, "That's Anthony, the board's chairperson."

"They all look kind of... related." I say.

"They are actually." the short, balding man says, "Ultimatum is a family business. The highest positions are controlled by family members. Mr. Lincoln, doesn't trust regular people to reside in high positions."

I arch my eyebrows, "Regular?"

"He didn't say that actually, but I'm sure that is what he wants to say."

---

I am in the break room today. I figured I'd warm up my own lunch to avoid eating with Chris.

Unsurprisingly, he still managed to "bump into me" again. He is in front of me now, pronouncing long words and saying random things that I cannot comprehend. I'm pleasantly happy when he says, "Look. I'm just gonna cut the bullshit."

I raise my eyebrows, "I'm listening."

"It was wrong of me to jump in and interrogate you like that the other day. Especially since that was none of my business anyway." His brown eyes turn genuine, "So for that, I apologize."

I begin to smile. "Are you actually sorry? Or do you want me to start being nice again?"

He puts down the drink he's holding and looks at me straight in my eyes, "I'm actually sorry Bailey."

"Really?" I'm holding back a smile detecting the seriousness in his face.

"Really."

And then I smirk. "You're not forgiven..." I reach up to pull on the end of his tie, "Unless... you're paying for my food Saturday?" My tone is playful and I'm kind of surprised when I see Chris' eyes fill with desire.

I instinctively move back, wanting to avoid any confrontation that might encourage him to take another step in this situation. "I got you covered beautiful." he whispers.

There is a sort of deep raspiness in his tone, his lips are shaped into a small smile, and his hands are reaching to pull me closer to him. "You shouldn't touch me like that Bailey, sometimes it's hard for me to control myself." his voice is deep and smooth, and it is kind of turning me on.