Chapter 32

"I remember we used to leave in Islamabad before my parents died so is the house still there?" I asked khala

I still can't believe azan, after all he's done to me,he still thinks i'll give him a chance, like wouldn't that be real foolish of me.

"Yea it still is but why are you asking?" Khala asked.

"I want to move in." I said simply and she instantly sat up.

"What do you mean by you want to move in? I thought we had an agreement that you'll be staying here for two more months."

" I said i'll stay married to Azan for two months, not stay here for two months." I clarified.

" Dear why are you doing this? I swear i wasn't using you for your money, it's actually a long story."

" Cut it short."

"well your parents wanted you and Azan together from the start but Azan was already betrothed to Fatima and so your parents and us decided that you'll get married to either Zayn or Zayan, since Azan is already betrothed and that's how it was until Jamil came back in the picture, your parents were frightened when they got to know that he escaped from jail cause they knew he'll come back for them and take everything along with it, your parents and your uncle were not in good terms so your parents trusted us with the responsibility that if anything happens to them, then we should take care of you, get you married to one of my sons and merge our companies together, they wants someone to stand by your side truly and not be with you because of your wealth and that's why i couldn't deny my best friend of this and i love you like my own daughter so please i hope you understand it now. I'm not trying to take your wealth." Khala explained.

I now feel guilty for saying such to khala.

She was just fufiling the promise she made to my parents.

I love my parents so much but i can't stay with Azan, i know it's their wish for me to be with khala but i know they'll understand that i want happiness.

"Thank you for explaining khala and thank you for everything you've done for me but still i want to stay in my parents place for this two months cause i want to leave pakistan after the divorce and start a new life somewhere else, you can continue taking care of the company till I'm done with school but please let me stay there." I said.

"Fine i'll contact the lawyer so he could bring the keys but please stay for here for a week more." Khala said in a pleading voice.

I sighed softly. It's just a week more.

"Okay khala."

***
"Mum told me you're leaving." I heard Azan's gruff voice spoke from behind me and i startled.

I placed the knife which i was using to dice some fruits for my self on the counter and turned to face him.

"Yes i am. Anything wrong."