Chapter 31

"I can't please, how can i divorce her?"

"It's simple,by going to the court and f-" I cut iman's uncle off.

"I never asked for your opinion so just shut it." I groned.

I never knew this was coming.

I never knew she could want to leave me..

Iman told my parents the exact same words she said to me this morning and now we're both in front of my parents in the terrace and iman's stupid uncle and aunt are also there.

"Just shut it Azan." Dad said while glaring at me for a moment.

"But dad, they're trying to separate me from my wife. I know they forced her to leave me but i won't leave her." I clarified.

"Azan stop being a baby. Iman beta, you know what ever happened was a misunderstanding and we really did what we did just for you,we love you and to me you're my daughter and i know Azan has been nothing but a pain and the rest of us too but please think this true my dear,is this really what you want, i'll support you in every decision you make but please try to think it true." Dad explained.

Wait.. Is dad supporting her.

He wants her to leave me right, that's his plan, they want her to marry zayn right.

I stood up abruptly causing all eyes to turn to me.

"It's not going to happen,i don't care what your decision is but you're mine Iman and I'm not letting go,you all want her to marry zayn right? It can't happen, you're trying to force her right? Iman don't listen to them okay,we belong together and i-" i was speaking when she cuts me off and by she,i mean Iman people, this is the first word i heard from her since we all sat here and that word is fortunately my name.

I never knew my name sounds this sweet, can she just say my name again?

This actually makes me remember that this is the first time she's actually saying my name and it sounds extremely soothing.

How could i be so blind to see how beautiful and precious she is.

Now it's too late right?

No no it's not too late, it's never too late, i'll make her understand that we belong to each other. Our religion hates divorce right? So i won't let go, i'll have her forever. We'll begin afresh and we'll have a mini me and a mini her running around the house and we'll-

"Azan where are you lost? Iman's speaking to you." Mum's voice broke my blissful thoughts.

"Uhh, sorry. Please speak." I said while staring at her, she glanced at me and i didn't even bother averting my gaze, we both gazed at each other until she unfortunately moved her gaze from me to the floor.

Is the floor more delightful than i am?.

Please just look at me again eshgham.

Did i just give her a nickname? Not just any nickname but freaking eshgham? Do i really love her? The answer is I don't know.