Chapter 24

باسم الله الأكثر رحيما

biaism allah al'akthar rahiman

إذا حان الوقت للصلاة، فيرجى الصلاة قبل قراءة هذا لأن ليس هناك ما هو أكثر أهمية من الصلاة

'iidha han alwaqt lilsalaati, fayurjaa alsalaat qabl qira'at hadha li'ana lays hunak ma hu 'akthar 'ahamiyatan min alsalaa

(if it's time for prayer then please pray before reading this because nothing is more important than salat)

THIRD PERSON'S POV...

"We've decided that you'll get engaged as you want Zayn b-." Mr Qureshi said.

Azan was grunting in anger... he clenched and unclenched his jaw repeatedly.

How can my own parents do this? No i won't let them take her from me. He thought.

"Thank you so much Dad. You've really made me happy, i can't tell y-" Zayn kept saying cheerfully when Azan cut him off.

"Shut up, just shut the hell up. No one is getting engaged here, you hear me. You'll not get married to Iman." Azan growled and all heads in the room snapped towards his direction.

"And why is that bhai? I'm trying my best to keep the you know what but you're not keeping yours. Let me see you stop me from getting married to iman. She's my choice and i'll have her and besides mum and dad have already made their decision and i'll be with her." Zayn stated.

"YOU GUYS SHUT UP." Mrs Qureshi yelled.

"If you'd let me finish my sentence then you'll have know there's a BUT a-" Zayn cut his father off again.

"Why is there a But dad?" Zayn asked anxiously.

"If you dare cut me off one more time Zayn, i'll hit you." His father threatened.

"Sorry dad." Zayn apologized.

Mr Qureshi sighed before speaking again. "So like i said there's a BUT, which is that you'll get engaged like you want but not to Iman." Mr Qureshi stated.

And finnaly azan decided to smile. He smiled brightly as he thought. She'll still be mine.

Zayn held a shocked and confused expression on his face.

"What do you mean by that dad?" Zayn finnaly summoned courage to ask.

" What I'm saying is that if you want to get engaged, you can do so with Fatima." Mr Qureshi stated.

"Hell no. I'm not marrying Fatima, she's just a friend and nothing more." Zayn paused. Fatima felt a pang on her chest as he said that.

He only thinks of me as a friend. She mumbled sadly.

Zayn ran a hand true his hair fustratingly before speaking again "Iman is the only one i want and if i can't have her then i'll end my life." He spat.

"La haula. What are you saying Zayn? Try to understand that you can't have Iman my dear. Look at Fatima, she's extremely beautiful and well mannered. You too know each other for the longest time and you'll get along well, just forget Iman okay." His mom spoke softly..

"NO...NO I WON'T. I ONLY WANT IMAN." He growled like a mad man.

I've had enough of this. Azan mumored.

"Well you can't have her." Azan snapped.

Everyone in the room were looking at zayn who was suddenly acting crazy.