Ning An knew nothing about this aspect, so he just sat to the side and took care of the fire with a rabbit roasting above it.

Ning An happened to spot the rabbit beside a tree stump when they were looking for supplies left behind by the school. Even if they didn’t have any seasoning, Ning An felt that it was still better than drinking nutrition packs.

He didn’t know whether the school deliberately did this, but Ning An always felt that the nutrition packs distributed to them had a stranger flavour than the ones sold in the cafeteria, and the contents were also more viscous.

“Yeah, these nutrition packs are specially made for field use.” Xu Yu Sheng finished gnawing on a rabbit leg and elegantly wiped his mouth. “The content concentration is higher and they are more effective at replenishing strength, but don’t place any hopes in the flavour.”

Ning An nodded. After the two of them finished packing up, the sky gradually became darker. The trees shielded the last rays of the sunset and the forest quickly darkened.

Xu Yu Sheng was keeping watch in the first half of the night. Ning An laid in the tarpaulin tent but he couldn’t fall asleep. The ground was quite uncomfortable. He felt a little better after changing his position. Closing his eyes, he heard the sound of the crackling fire, as well as some wild beasts howling in the distance. He pressed down the disorderly thoughts in his heart before drifting off into a shallow sleep.

In the latter half of the night, he sat next to the fire and collected a few branches. The flame only lit up a small area, causing the surrounding darkness to seem even more scary.

Compared with Ning An’s side where they exhausted their strengths to explore the entire day, Fu Ke’s side was much more relaxed.

He Xin was very familiar with most of the plants and animals in the forest. He clearly knew what was poisonous and what wasn’t poisonous, what was tasty and what couldn’t be eaten, causing Derek to feel as though He Xin was leading them around his back garden.

Finally, a dangerous-looking snake gave him the chance to heroically save the beauty, but before he could even shout a warning, He Xin used a short knife to pin it to a tree trunk. The knife was lodged precisely in the snake’s heart.

“Do you guys eat snake meat?” He Xin skilfully skinned the snake.

“This snake can be eaten?” Derek foolishly blinked.

“Of course.” He Xin held up the snake meat and shook it. “If we were back home, we would be able to make snake soup, but now our resources are limited, so we can only roast it.”

They came across a lot of small animals along the way; almost all of them entered the stomachs of the three. There were even some animals that Fu Ke and Derek had never heard of, but the flavour was unexpectedly good. It was now the 4th day, but the nutrition packs in their bags were still untouched. They didn’t have to worry about food for the entire field training.

“By the way, the school sent a notice this morning saying that large beasts will appear from today onwards, right?” The school had blocked the signal of each student’s terminal. The student’s could only look at the information provided by the school, including the region map and the extra points obtained from finding the badges, as well as the notifications issued by the school.

“It’ll be very troublesome if we run into one.” Although the three of them had also found a lot of supply points over the past few days, they all either had food or emergency medication inside. There were no weapons. Besides the short knives they were provided with in the beginning, they only had a tree branch that was sharpened to a point.

“We better be careful and avoid them.”

“It would be nice if our next supply point has weapons.”

“…… From today onwards, large beasts will appear in your field training. You can receive a lot of points for knocking them down. Each student should act within your own capabilities. You can send an emergency signal if you encounter danger.” Xu Yu Sheng read the notification out loud and raised an eyebrow. “The school wants to increase the difficulty ah. What’s in the bag?”

“Weapons again.” Ning An took out a crossbow and some arrows from the bag. “There’s 10 arrows.”

“I wonder if it’s because I’m full of killing intent that we keep finding weapons supplies.” Xu Yu Sheng helplessly held his forehead. The food in their bags could only last until today, and they had already run out of pure water the day before. They had no choice but to find a river and go upstream to replenish their water supply. They also found quite a few supply points along the way, but none of them contained food. However, the two of them obtained an old-fashioned pistol and a long dagger.