Chapter 68: A Mysterious Event

"A kappa?!" Silvia asked shocked

"Yeah, I saw it on the way to the bathroom last night. I heard a thump, and when I looked over, a kappa was staring right back at me! It scared the living daylights out of me!" Mark explained.

"Captain, are you sure that was a kappa?" Jack asked as he and the other didn't believe him.

"It was! There really was a kappa there! It had these kinds of lips..." He replied as he sort of squished them together with his hands. Then he took a teacup and put it on his head and rubbed in his hair. "And had something like this on his head..."

"..."

"Nathan, you believe me, right?" 

"S-Sure." 

"Jude, Axel, Darren!" Though they didn't answer as they thought about the possibility or just nervously laughed it away. "I'm not lying! Believe me!"

"Mark. There couldn't"t possibly be kappas out there. Kappas are imaginary animals, so they don't exist for real." Xavier calmly explained to him. 

"I guess, but..." 

"I'm sure you just mistook it for something else." 

"Xavier..." 

"Come on, guys! It's time for practice!" Silvia said while clapping in her hands.

"Practice, practise!" Scotty happily said.

"To think he'd come across a kappa..." 

"Captain must've been half-asleep still." They said to one another as they left the dining room to go outside. 

"So that wasn't a kappa...?" Mark mumbled to himself.

"I believe you, Mark" A voice suddenly spoke. Mark abruptly turned around and saw Lily looking at him.

"Really?" 

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" 

"Wait, do you mean to say that they really existed and I'm not just imagining it?!" 

"Well, I only saw one when I was little, so yeah, normally they still existed. Unless they got extinct in a rather short period of time, but normally they would've let me know then." Lily replied while thinking about it. 

"...That's great!" Mark said excitedly. "That means I was right! You have to tell the other, they think I'm delusional right now." 

"Hehe, let's not." She replied with a smile and then walked outside.

"Oh, right."