Chapter 59: Axel's Last Match?

It's been three days and nothing special had happened, they just practised all day

It's been three days and nothing special had happened, they just practised all day. A few of them tried to make some new hissatsu's, one of them being Axel and Austin.  They were trying to combine their hissatsu's into one, but even though they tried their best, it just wouldn't work. 

After practice was over Lily went on a little walk through the town, just to clear her mind.

~Is it just me or has Axel been tenser lately? Maybe it's because this match will determine if we go further in the FFI...Or maybe it's something at home.~ As she walked past the steel tower she saw someone training with a tire and walked over to the person, as she immediately knew who it was. 

"You're still training I see." She said to him. "Or is it because you've got something on your mind too?" 

"Huh? Oh, Lily, I didn't see you there." Mark replied. "I think it's both, actually." 

"You wanna talk about it?" 

"...I'm not sure if it's my place to say." He said as he let the tire swing its way and he stood next to it. 

"Oh, I see...I get it if you can't tell me, but I do hope that you don't bottle it up. Is there someone else that knows about this thing that you can talk to?" 

"...Only a few, but the majorities of them are grown-ups who, apparently, can't really do anything about it. Maybe it isn't my right to get into my teammates business anyway." He said with a sad tone. 

"Wait, is it about a teammate of ours?" Lily asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Uhm, yeah..."

"It's Axel, isn't it?"

"How did you-"

"It was pretty obvious that something is bothering him for a while now. Though, I hope it isn't anything big, because we need him in our team with all his focus." Lily explained as she cut him off, but with a sympathetic smile. 

"..." As Mark kept quiet, she knew she said something that had to do with the thing that was bothering both of them.

"Is he leaving or something?" But Mark just looked down and didn't really respond. As he was disappointed in himself because of this. "...He is." She quietly said with a hint of shock.

"He didn't have a choice. His father wants him to study in Germany and become a doctor. The finals of the prelims will be his last match." 

"I'm sorry I kept asking like this. I get that you wanted to keep it to yourself because Axel trusted you when he said this to you. But know that there's nothing you can do about this." She said to reassure him. "I wasn't allowed to do this at first too. So I know a bit how that feels like." 

"Yeah, I heard that from coach Hillman when he gathered us all, just before the match to decide who will be in Inazuma Japan. You weren't allowed in because you're a girl, right?"