Chapter 34: Cloister Divinity High

Lily and the rest of the team were now sitting near a shop

Lily and the rest of the team were now sitting near a shop. They had won the match against Gemini Storm, but now another team were about to attack a school named Cloister Divinity High in Kyoto. 

"I never heard of that school." Nathan said to the coach after she explained the situation.

"They didn't enter the Football Frontier either." Nelly commented.

"Their school motto is 'enhance the mind and body' which is why their soccer club doesn't participate in tournaments." The coach explained to them. "If they had entered the Football Frontier, they would undoubtfully have been one of the championship teams." 

"Really? They must be really good then." Lily said while thinking about it.

 After the coach had told them everything she knew about the soccer team of Cloister Divinity High, they went back to the caravan. When they were at the school the atmosphere felt really serene. Some of the students were meditating while others were just reading. It was all so calm even though they were asked to play a match with weird aliens that could destroy their school.

"Alright, let's go find their soccer club." Mark said to the team.

"The soccer club is located at the dojo further inside," Shawn replied to him. "Thanks for the info." He then said to the two girls beside him.

"You're welcome." They said in unison.

"If I need your help, I'll be sure to ask." He replied with a soft smile which made everyone sweatdrop.

"Is that it?" Silvia asked while pointing to a building with a template saying 'soccer club'

"Looks that way." Jude replied.

"It has to be. Alright, let's go, everyone." Mark said while running to it.

"Wait Mark look-" Lily tried to warn him and the others, but it was already too late. They had slipped on the just waxed floor and had fallen on each other.

"Heavy, heavy, heavy!" Willy whined while he was laying under Jack and Nathan.

While Celia was helping Willy with his foot the other looked at why they just had slipped on the floor.

"Look at that spotted how it's glimmering." Lily told them while pointing at it.

"Looks like it's just waxed." Silvia said while touching it.

"Waxed?" The other asked shocked.

Right at that moment, they heard someone chuckle in the bushes. When they looked to where the sound was coming from, they saw a boy laughing at them with a product in his hands to wax the floor.

"Serves you right! You'd better not get cocky just 'cause you won the Football Frontier!" He said to them.

"How dare you, you little jerk!" Tori said to him. 

He ran away and Tori wanted to go after him. However, when she went down from the little porch they were on, she fell into a hole in the ground.

"You actually fell for that? Loser, loser!" He said to her.

"What's with that guy?" Nathan asked the others.

"Scotty!" They heard someone shout all of a sudden and with that, the little boy ran away.

"What's going on?" Mark then asked.

"I have absolutely no clue whatsoever. Are you alright Tori?" Lily asked her.

"Yeah, no worries." She replied back.

"Honestly, what a hopeless boy. He slacks of almost instantly the moment I take my eyes off of him..." It was the same boy that shouted the name. He stopped when he saw Tori trying to get out of the hole. "Are you alright?"

"Ow, yeah, nothing that I can't handle." 

"I sincerely apologize for the outrageous things one of my team members has done to you." 

"Team member?" Mark asked him.

"Then that means..." Eric said not finishing his sentences.

"He's in the soccer club?!" They all asked in shock. 

"Yeah, his name is Scotty Banyan and he's quite the troublemaker. He seems to think that everyone around him is his enemy." The boy explained.

"Enemy?" Silvia asked him.

The boy told them all about the things Scotty has done while practising. At some point, they had to give him chores in order for him to practise without getting the idea of being left at or getting misunderstood. Unfortunately, he didn't stop with his pranks and still continued with his mischief.

After that, they all went to the soccer club and talked to the team about Epsilon and that they wanted to help them with the match. However, they politely declined and said that they wouldn't participate in the match with Epsilon. Even though that Mark and the others tried to reason with them they didn't want to hear it and went away to their daily practice.

They were now back at the caravan where the managers were cooking a meal for the team with the help of mister Veteran. 

"So what do we do now?" Nathan asked Mark and the others that were sitting with him.

"Not much with the way they are acting." Kevin replied.

"They don't get the situation at all." 

"Or maybe they do, but just don't wanna fight them. If they would do that I guess they would go against the school motto. Otherwise, they also would have entered the Football Frontier, remember?" Lily said to her.

"Right." 

"It's no use thinking about it. We'll just do what we can for now." Mark said to them.

"Do what we can?" Erick asked confused.

"Training, right?" Nathan then asked.

"Yeah. The opponent is Alius Academy's first rank team. We have to train more to get stronger!" 

"Yeah!" They all said.

"Well, with that now of the way, let's look for a place to practise." Eric suggested.

"Yeah, let's ask someone. I'm sure they know a place." Lily said to them.

"Looks like Shawn was thinking the same." Nathan said while gesturing to him.

"I know a place. There is a riverbed on the other side of here. That's a perfect place to play soccer. Right?" Shawn asked the two girls beside him.

"Yes!" They both said. 

"If I need your help again, I'll be sure to ask." He said which made the rest sweatdrop again.

" He said which made the rest sweatdrop again