Chapter 58: Waiting for the Food

It was already halftime in the match against the Desert Lions

It was already halftime in the match against the Desert Lions. Inazuma Japan was ahead with three points as Nathan, Lily, and Xavier could easily score in the first half. But now that they had a break Mark could see how everyone except him was already pretty exhausted. 

~Is it me or is this match a bit too easy?~ Lily thought to herself as she watched her teammates and then switched her gaze to the opponents. ~Or was this a trick to get us exhausted before the second match? And if that's the case,...we definitely fell into it.~ 

So when the second part of the match began it didn't take long before a couple of players from Inazuma Japan had to be switched. At some point, Austin was switched in for Shawn. The match was almost finished and the Desert Lions had managed to score three points in the second half, so now both teams were tied. Fortunately, Axel could manage to talk to Austin and convince him to score a goal himself, which made Inazuma Japan win in the end. 

"We won, didn't we?" Austin said to himself.

"That was really good, Austin." Lily complimented him. 

"Is that how you are when you get serious?" Axel asked him from behind him. "You'll still need some time before you can catch up to us, Austin." He said jokingly. 

"But I haven't gotten serious yet..." 

"Why, you..." 

"Okay, let's win the next match too! We can't end this at the Asia prelims, after all!" 

"Is it me, or did his personality change?" Jude asked Axel and Lily when Mark quickly got in between them. 

"That's fine! I like it this way!"

"But how come someone, this good didn't play in the Football Frontier?" Jack asked.

"I couldn't," Austin replied.

"Why?" Mark asked him.

"Wel, I'm...still a sixth-grader in elementary school." 

"E-Elementary school?!" The rest of the team exclaimed in shock. 

"You're still in elementary school?" Axel asked to be sure.

"But if you take me lightly, I'll steal the ace's seat before you know it." He replied. "I'll be even better than you someday, Axel." 

"Looks like we have a new reliable friend with us. Axel!" Mark said while putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, that's for sure." 

~He's still in elementary school? I didn't even play soccer at that age...at least not in a team.~ Lily thought to herself in a bit of disbelieve. ~Then he really is a good player, especially for his age.~