Sleepless Night

I was sitting in my room gazing at the star that was shining beautifully on the moonless night. The wall cloak showed that it was 10 PM. The night was calm. The calmness was pierced by my ringtone. When I looked at the caller it showed Pete.

“Hello P, Is there anything important?” I asked him. I know he would not call me this late unless or until it is very important. He is a very loyal person. I have known him since my childhood. He is a warm hearted person who cares for everyone.

“Are you free, Master? I have something important to discuss with you?” He  asked me.

“Is it about Company or KIT?” I asked him.

“Both, master. As far as the company there are some agreements that I want you to sign. Though Forth has gone through every paper I want you to look at it too.” He said to me.

 It has been 2 weeks since I got married with Forth and I know Forth is the one who is taking care of the company. I thought he would make me go bankrupt but that is not what happened. He was taking care of the business much better than me. Though he says that he wants to make me penniless he never done anything to prove that or is it too soon to judge anyone.

“Is there anything that should come to my notice P?” I asked him again.

“Actually no master. Master Forth is looking after everything and he is doing better than anyone. I will visit the company tomorrow P. Keep all the papers ready. ” I replied to him.

“What is it P. This is not what you wanted to talk to me about right?” I asked him. I can sense that he wants to talk to me about something else.

“Its Young master Kit” He said

“What about Him P what happened?”

“Master Kit is saying that he wants to marry Ming and he is threatening that poor soul that he will kill himself if he doesn’t accept the marriage” Pete said in a single breath.

“What do you know about him, the guy P” I asked him.

“I have seen him tailing young master Kit all the time. He is very soft spoken. He doesn’t even raise voice no matter what master Kit does. I am afraid that master Kit will destroy the innocent Kid due to his past” Pete said to me. I know that Ming is Forth’s brother. There is no way that he will be innocent.

“I am sure Ming can take care of himself P I will look into it” I said to him and cut the call.

When I ended the call it was already past midnight. The whole world is sleeping here I am, sitting on the bed thinking about all the things that have happened in my life in less than a month. A month back everything was different. At this time I would have been in hospital running after patients doing surgery after surgery exhausting and separating myself from the rest of the world. Now I am dragged back to the same world from where I ran away from.  I wanted to stay far away from the world where it was filled with betrayal and greed. Now I am getting pulled into the world much worse.

There were lots of questions that were running through my mind. The top question is why did Forth marry me? He said it is only on paper if that’s the case why does he care for me? Now the problem with Kit, He is always problematic. I can understand why he wants to marry Ming. But does he know who Ming is? Does Forth have any ulterior motive? 

Sitting inside a closed room with no company only will make my mind go wild. So I planned to go to the kitchen for food hunting. When I opened the fridge it was loaded with food. Oh my favorite vanilla flavoured ice cream.  I took the mini tub and switched on the Television to watch something random.

I kept flipping the channels since nothing interested me.

"Can't Sleep?" a deep husky voice made me jerk.

"Relax Beam it's me" Forth said and took a seat beside me.

It was more than half an hour and both of us did not utter a single word with each other and some random song was playing in the background.

"I technically slept the whole day," I said to Forth, breaking the silence.

"What about you? Why were you not able to sleep?" I asked him.

"Wild immagination" He replied to me and both of us went into silence mode again.

"Forth, I think we need to talk," I said to him.

"What is there to talk about, Beam?" he asked me staring the Television

"I don't like it, Forth" I said to him.

"Don't like what Beam?" He asked me, still not paying attention to me.

"Us, us being like this. Why did you marry me Forth?"

"You know the reason Beam, Why do you ask knowing the reason Beam?"

"I refuse to believe that you married me only for revenge. Only because i Shot you. You are living in the Mafia World Forth. I know shooting you would cause my life. I was ready to die that day but not the marriage." trying to see any change in his face but there was none. it was like I did not exist for him.

"So you say dying is better than marrying me?" He countred me. 

"You know that is not what I mean Forth"

"Then what do you mean Beam? Whatever you want to say, say it straight to my face, don't beat around the bush."

"I am not beating around the bush. look at me when i am talking with you Forth" I yelled at him and switched off the TV.

"What do you want, Beam? Did I not say that this marriage is nothing but only on paper. Dont expect anything from me, Beam. You will only get hurt." He said looking in my eyes.

"Didn't you marry me because you wanted to hurt me? Why are you worried that you will hurt me, When your prime motive was that?" I asked him. He is driving me crazy. I can't take it anymore.

"Just sleep Beam" He said and walked away.