Bully in the Alley [Shanks x Reader]

Start from the beginning

"Ah, but I do remember you. Good-looking bartender, works at a place called Bob's Bar, remembers my orders, and single looking to mingle!"

"At least you got half those points right."

"You mean you don't remember my orders?" He laughed, downing his third shot.

He was already quite tipsy. He usually had around 10 shots before he was noticeably drunk, but a drink this strong may bring that down to 5 or 6 at the least. You've seen people stop at less, but Shanks was a strong drinker.

"Alright, alright," he said, despite you not saying anything. "I had a fling with someone, and it turned out the be something more."

Ah, a romance story. You've heard plenty of those and you'd be lying if you said you weren't disappointed to hear if from this man.

"We were together for a long time," he continued. "I thought we'd be together forever. We fit, y'know?" His words started slurring as he took another shot, but his eyes somehow remained clear, though a bit hazy. "I thought there was something more."

He continued on about whoever this person was and how much he enjoyed the relationship while it lasted and what could've have happened, and you continued listening. It wasn't your cup of tea, but there wasn't much else to do and you somehow enjoyed listening to him babble on, despite not taking in most of the story.

"Sorry to hear that," you murmured when he quieted. He finished about 8 shots, way more than you expected, and his head was slumped across the bar.

"Here." He raised his head as quickly as it had fallen, sliding you the money for the drinks. He tilted his head to the side, grinning at you. "Extra for your company."

You then watched as he promptly got up from the chair and fell.

"You okay?" you called, alarmed. You leaned over the counter, ready to hop over in case he needed help.

Thankfully, he seemed alright as he landed on his back and didn't hit his head or anything. "I'm fine!" He lifted himself up to the bar.

You sighed, giving him an open hand. "Give me your keys."

"Key to my heart? You've already got it." His drunken state seemed to make his lines so much more cheesy.

"Your car keys," you said, having difficulty keeping a poker face. "You're drunk."

"Drunk with love!" Shanks reached into his pocket anyway and handed you the keys, smirking at you. "I'll give you the keys to my house, too."

You shook your head disappointedly, cracking a smile. You pocketed the keys and quickly poured him a glass of water. "Sober up."

He didn't make a pickup line after you said that, thankfully. He downed the glass in just a few seconds, then turned to the door. "I'll just get a breath of fresh air," he reassured you.

At least he was able to walk now.

You wiped down the counter and starting washing the glasses thoroughly, glancing at the door occasionally. You've met plenty of flirts in this job, but he was something else entirely.

When Shanks didn't come back in the next twenty minutes, you started growing more concerned. It was really late now, and being as drunk as he was, it was not safe outside the bar. You notified your boss about your quick leave, and went out to look for him.

"Oi, watch it," a man hissed as you bumped into him in your hurry. There was a flicker of recognition as he looked at you. "Hey, you were there that one time. You knew where I can find that red-haired man? Scar across his left eye, idiotic grin, a fucking asshole. I know he comes here often."