"You're A...?!" [Luffy x F!Reader]

Notes:
-Requested by @PinkBlossom323
-Just a little fun one. This took way longer than expected.

<<>>

You grew up around men and women who both believed that women should not fight. They should be docile and do housework, and provide for the men. Or even "better", entertain the shogun Orochi.

You became a ninja to spite these people, not just to learn the jujutsus that intrigued you; shadow clones, body replacement. Combining those helped you make a different technique that created a sort of illusion that made you seem like a man.

Even so, the people of Wano—the country itself—felt restrictive to you. You fled and eventually found yourself upon this crew.

Sanji didn't exactly reinforce the idea of women only being objects to you, but the doubt started creeping in little by little the more you witnessed his actions and personality with other women around.

You didn't hate Sanji, but his words and actions made it difficult to really be yourself around them. You had built up so much of this fake, manly character and hid your ninja experience, opting to just be an experienced martial artist instead.

The only thing keeping you there really was the captain. He didn't seem to care at all about anything unless it came to his nakama. He wanted you here, and you liked the crew.

When he first met you, he was cheerful and oblivious, challenging you to an arm wrestle after you had taken down a giant man who made fun of your small figure as a "man".

The straw hat captain won, of course, and offered you to come aboard anyhow.

He would've been the one you would have confessed to about your secret first out of the rest.

But of course, things couldn't go your way.

<•>

"[Y/N]!" Sanji called. "Could you pass me the lighter?"

You looked up from your spot as referee for the volleyball—more like plant-ball with whatever crazy Pop Green Usopp had showed up with—game that Luffy, Usopp, Chopper, and Zoro were playing.

The crew was on a sort of mini-vacation, relaxing on a remote island. There was so much that happened the past few weeks, and a break was just what you all needed.

You spotted the lighter close to you and tossed it to Sanji, who was preparing barbecue lunch.

"Oi, [Y/N], you want to play? I'm going to take a nap." Zoro yawned, walking away from his partner. The score was pretty even between Zoro and Chopper versus Luffy and Usopp.

Luffy and Usopp gestured to you eagerly and Chopper seemed to be begging with his eyes for you to join him so he wouldn't be alone.

You smiled at their eagerness, jogging to Chopper's side.

Usopp's Pop Green ball was interesting; you had to hit it just right so it wouldn't release a bunch of gas that blocked your vision, or secrete some sticky substance that makes of difficult to hit the ball, or whatever else the plant did. It made the game a bit more fun and dangerous, just the way Luffy liked it, of course.

"Give me your best shot," Luffy challenged with a confident smirk, eyeing the ball in your hands.

You returned the same confident expression, adjusting your pose to deliver the ball. "You got it."

The first few passes were quick and rough, Chopper turning into his different Points, Luffy stretching himself to cover the area better, you doing your best to hit the ones Chopper missed and spiking, and Usopp hitting the ball in certain points where he knew would be safe.

However, a few hits in Luffy hit it just right and the ball headed quickly in your direction, no safe spots on the ball for you to avoid activating the plant's strange effects. Chopper hit it with his antlers, and a foggy but harmless gas was released, blocking your vision.

The ball bounced back to your opponent's side, and just a quickly returned before you or Chopper could recover from the cloud.

"Alright," Sanji's voice called, "lunch is ready!"

As he said that, the ball hit your chest, and vines spread over you. They were supposed to only tangle a little bit to make it difficult to hit the ball back, but for some reason this time the vines kept growing, covering your torso. And suddenly, your gender-bend illusion jujutsu was undone as the vines revealed your slimmer and curvier figure.

You turned to see some the crew's eyes on you, gaping at your different form. Your face features were probably changed as well, considering your jujutsu covered everything.

Ah, shite.

"Look," you started, "it's not what you think—"

"Oh god oh god oh god," Usopp stammered. "The plant's not supposed to do that! It doesn't change someone's gender or body or... or... whatever it did!" He was in full-out panic mode, afraid of what you and the others would do.

"It's fine, I did it," you reassured. "It... it's a jujutsu I made. I wanted to look like a man so that," you gestured to Sanji, "things like that doesn't happen."

"You're a ninja?!" Luffy exclaimed, eyes shining.

"That's what you're focused on?" Sanji asked. He fawned over you, hearts in his eyes. "Look at her beauty! She's a woman!"

"Yeah, and?" Luffy didn't so much as glance at the cook as he literally threw himself forward in front of you. "Do the nin-nin thing!"

You stared at the crew, dumbfounded. "The... 'nin-nin' thing?"

"Yeah!" He put his hands together and made some weird hand motions. "The cool stuff!"

You remained stiff and looked between the crew members, who all had varying expressions. A few of the others had come along to see the commotion. The calmest of which was Robin, who you had a feeling knew about this way before this happened, and the most astonished was Sanji, who you expected would have a nosebleed when he saw your real body but—oh, nope, here it is now.

You sighed, giving them a faint smile. You had expected them to be more concerned over you being a female, but... the curiosity about you being a ninja was much less worrying.

"'Nin-nin' trick, huh?" You laughed, copying the ridiculous hand motions Luffy did. He joined you, not caring at all. "You're amazing, Luffy."