Poisonous [Chopper x F!Reader]

Notes:
-Sibilus is literally "hiss" in Latin.

<<>>

Your pet snake, Sibilus, wrapped around your body, hissing at Sanji jealously.

"Careful," you warned, not really in a warning tone, as you've repeated this multiple times out of habit. "She's venomous."

"I heard," Sanji said sweetly, smile not dropping. "I just came to grab some drinks for Nami-swan and Robin-swan. Would like something as well?" He dodged out of the way of the pit viper's bite.

"No, thanks." You stood from the dining table, moving so that Sibilus would have a harder time trying to bite the cook.

"Do all the lovely women at Amazon Lily have snakes?" Sanji inquired as he prepared cocktails.

"Yeah. Though Sibilus is a bit... different," you murmured. "Most of the snakes are not venomous, or not as venomous as she is."

"Interesting. I'm sure you all have wonderful snakes either way," Sanji said sweetly, more to your viper than you, as if having a pep talk to get on her good side for you.

You pursed your lips, saying nothing more as you watched as Sanji finish the drinks and turned to leave.

You sighed, petting Sibilus. Having a venomous snake usually meant the women of Amazon Lily staying far away from you, even if you reassured them that Sibilus would only bite at threatening men, and definitely not your own people. But sometimes she would not follow that rule, and you worried that this fear would stretch over to your new crew.

"[Y/N]!" Chopper's voice called. As you looked towards the voice, you giggled as he peeked out from the doorway the wrong way. He was still very fearful of Sibilus, respecting her boundaries.

"Yeah?" You put a hand on the snake's head, reminding her to not bite even though Chopper was both not a woman and small and prey-sized.

"C-Can you come with me for a moment?" He stared at the snake with wide eyes, adding on with a bit more confidence, "With Sibilus."

You raised an eyebrow at him, then smiled. "Sure, what do you need?"

You followed Chopper to his room that also served as the infirmary. On his desk was a jar with a rubber covering, gloves, and an open book.

"I found that your snake's species is a certain kind of pit viper," Chopper explained. "Her venom can be milked and used for medicine. Would you allow me to get a sample and experiment with it?" He looked at both you and Sibilus.

You raised an eyebrow, pursing your lips. Sibilus hissed, but somewhat less threatening. "Well, I'm sure she won't mind helping you out, but I don't think she'll like it. I don't know if she can do it without damage." You looked at Sibilus warily. "Ever heard of the scorpion and the frog story?"

"Yes, I figured snake instincts will be difficult to manage, especially since I'm a reindeer," Chopper murmured sadly. "So, I know this may be irrational of me to ask you, but I was wondering if you could do it. Since you have a closer relationship and, well, human."

Sibilus wrapped around your arm, hissing non-aggressively at Chopper's words.

"You can understand her, can't you?" you asked Chopper. "If she says okay, too, then of course." You smiled at the reindeer. "If it helps you, it helps all of us."

He nodded enthusiastically at both you and Sibilus, then got the tools for you. "Thanks so much!"

You pulled on the gloves, knowing that even if you had a bond with the viper, she had trouble controlling herself and her natural instincts. That was another thing that separated her and the other snakes from Amazon Lily.

"How much do you need?" you asked, seeing just the one jar.

"As much as she's willing to give. It definitely won't be enough for a full drug, since it's just one single snake, but it'll be enough for research."

He seemed excited, you noted with a chuckle. Usually when people dealt with your venomous snake, they didn't want anything to do with it. Even though Chopper was still fearful, he looked forward to the snake's and his own abilities as a doctor.

Sibilus' body writhed as you gently held her neck and settled your thumb on her head, then stopped. As you pressed the fangs into the rubber, she tensed but held still the best she could.

"Careful," Chopper said worriedly, even though he wasn't the one holding Sibilus.

It only took a few seconds before the venom stopped dripping from her fangs, and you slowly released her from the position. She hissed arrogantly, fangs facing you but resisting the urge to bite.

"Sorry," you said to her, understanding her annoyance. You looked over to Chopper, who had brought up the courage to step just a bit closer to you and the snake.

"T-Thank you so much!" Chopper exclaimed.

"Not a problem. Honestly I should thank you for asking me to do this," you admitted. "I was afraid you were all scared of what Sibilus and I could do."

"Oh, no, I am still scared, but...." He paused with a frown. "I'm sure I'll get over my natural instinct to run." He laughed a bit. "Don't worry, we'll all warm up to you and Sibilus!"

Your eyes widened a bit in surprise and curiosity at Chopper's words. "You really think you'll stop being scared of us?"

He tilted his head to the side. "'Us'? Of course I'd take a while to get over my reindeer instincts for Sibilus—no offense to Sibilus—but why would I've scared of you?"

"It's...." You shrugged, sheepishly looking away from him. "People usually group Sibilus and I together, thinking we're both venomous since she always sticks to me. We're like poisonous apples."

"Well, those people are wrong! I don't know any human that are venomous, and I doubt there are any unless they have a Devil Fruit." He smiled cutely at you. "You're honestly the opposite of venomous—nice and sweet. Like cotton candy!"

You giggled, thinking on his words. You patted him on the head. "Thanks, Chopper. I'm glad you think so."