Boop! [Usopp x Reader]

Notes:
-Usopp's my favorite character, and I've been wanting to write this scenario for so long :D (Namely just "boop him on nose")

<<>>

"Boop."

You sat across from the long-nosed sniper at the makeshift table next to his garden, watching him tinker with his Pop Greens and weapon. When he leaned over to grab a tool, you interrupted his storytelling midway to tap him on his nose.

"Hey, what was that for?" Usopp asked, rubbing his nose.

You grinned at him mischievously. "It's cute."

You loved the way his cheeks reddened further as he let out a huff. "I'm trying to tell a story here!"

"Do go on."

"As I was saying," he continued, quickly composing himself again, "I did in fact defeat God with a something called Talk no Jutsu. Trust me, it was a very powerful spell! Not even—"

You poked his nose again as he reached for another tool. "Boop."

"[Y/N]!"

"What?"

You could listen to his stories forever, even though you knew his tales were far from the truth most of the time. They were exaggerated but interesting and entertaining. However, your crush's embarrassed reactions to your simple actions were even more so.

"Stahp! It's distracting."

You giggled, then stood after a moment to get a better look at what Usopp was working on that required his full attention. Not exactly getting what he was trying to do with his Kabuto, you slumped back, thinking.

Despite your continuous... flirting, the sniper never responded in a clear way. At first you thought he was either ignoring the hints or a complete dense idiot. You honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter. After some time, however, you realized that he may know your feelings but was too afraid to reject you or confess to you. He was a coward, after all. A lovable idiot and coward, who still managed to surprise you every time he wasn't an idiot and coward.

Either way, you wanted an answer out of him. You didn't want to confess first, but this was taking way too long. You really wanted to see how long it would take him to get over his cowardice.

"Usopp," you suddenly said, straightening up and looking him in the eyes.

"Yeah?" His eyes widened in surprise at your sudden seriousness, pausing his work.

"C'mere." You motioned him to lean forward, and he hesitantly moved his head closer to yours. As he did so, you rubbed his nose with yours, and then leaned back. Flashing him a grin, you left him and headed down for the dining hall, a bit embarrassed but hoping he knew what that was.

<<>>

"What was that?" Usopp murmured to himself, watching you leave. He rubbed the tip of his nose again, confused. He then heard a small giggle from the mikan trees behind him.

"Man, you're an idiot," Nami's voice mused.

"Huh?"

"They're obviously flirting with you." The navigator walked out from behind the trees with a watering can in hand, which she set down as she came closer to him. "They literally called you cute!"

Usopp blinked at her, not quite understanding. "They were just saying that," he waved off, not wanting to believe it. He didn't want to get his hopes up.

"They did that just now."

"What about that are you talking about? It was... strange."

She sighed. "That was an kunik. It's a sort of kiss."

"Kiss?!" Usopp freaked out, standing up and staring at the woman in disbelief. "How was that a kiss?"

She shrugged nonchalantly. "There's different kinds of kisses, Usopp. I think that was their way of confessing without actually confessing. They've been holding that in for some time now."

He reddened, feeling like an idiot. He was a coward. "How... how long?"

"Quite a while, I noticed. I think they were trying to see how long it would take you to get over your cowardice and confess to them."

"Wait... so they knew—and you knew— that... oh no." Usopp groaned, seeing Nami's nod and smile. "I wasn't sure... and I didn't want to be rejected."

"I think they were afraid you'd reject them," Nami reassured. "With all your ignorance at their flirting." She giggled, going back to her watering.

Usopp frowned, unsure of what to do. Did you really like him? How sure was Nami? Why did you do that? How can he be a brave warrior of the sea if this is how he acts around you?

He straightened up, then ran down, following where you went. He can't still be a coward, right?

"[Y/N]!" he called, busting the door the dining room open. He saw you almost spill a glass of water, startled by his suddenness. You stared at him owlishly. "Uh." He resisted the urge to run back like the coward he usually was. "[Y/N].... I... uh. I like you."

He could see your face light up, a large smile forming. As you opened your mouth to say something, Usopp interrupted.

I can't be a coward. I have to go all out or not at all.

"I love you," he corrected, saying it as casually as he could, as if it was a thing he said on a regular basis.

You laughed, walking up to him and booping his nose. "I love ya too, Usopp."