Tsunami [Jinbei x Fish!Reader]

Notes:
-Reader is fish-man/woman/person.
-This is less of a Jinbe x Reader and more of a scene with a Sun Pirate!Reader.
<<>>

You watched with a smile on your face as the young girl cried.

It was tears of past sorrow, fear, and panic, as well as new happiness and relief. Her life as a slave had kept those tears trapped in an endless jar inside her, and now it had unscrewed and came pouring out when the gun was thrown into the sea.

It reminded you of yourself, unable to release your emotions until you met Jinbe.

You looked back at the fish-man, who was smiling at the scene.

"Happy?" you asked cheerfully, bringing your arm around his neck.

He nodded. "I'm glad she's finally free." He looked to you with a smaller smile. "How do you feel? I'm sure you find her similar to yourself, no?"

"I do," you admitted. "It's been so long, but I haven't forgotten the tsunami."

It was a tsunami in more ways than one.

You remembered trying to escape those cursed dragons, the slave tattoo feeling like it was burning at the time. Not only were the Marines after you, but the slaves you believed you had befriended were, too.

You knew all of them were ordered by the Celestials Dragons to do so. If they didn't follow their orders or failed to capture you, they would be punished.

The Celestial Dragons knew what they were doing. They were sick and twisted; they knew the slaves you befriended would hate to have to hurt you and the slaves were punished regardless of the outcome.

You saw a glimpse of hope in the eyes of one of them when they almost caught you. They believed that if they caught you, they wouldn't be punished. It hurt you to see them so desperate and broken.

The only reason you were able to escape was the tsunami that pushed them back.

It had come out of nowhere, with so much force and power that it sent everyone back, and so much control that it didn't include you.

"Are you alright?"

A blue fish-man had appeared next to you, in a fighting stance. His eyes were focused on the Marines and slaved pirates, and you remembered staring at him in disbelief because of how confident and calm he looked. He and his crew mates saved you and many others that night.

A wave—a tsunami of emotions hit you when he welcomed you to the Sun Pirates with open arms. You almost couldn't believe it. That you were finally free.

You could see the same emotions in Koala's face now.

"Tch."

You looked over to Arlong with a frown. "You still have a problem with Tiger?"

He flipped his head away from you, scowling. "No."

"I'd guess otherwise." You nodded towards Koala. "She's not much different from us, you know."

"She's a human," Arlong hissed. "That's different enough from us."

"Arlong." Jinbe stared at him coldly, face stoic but bite in his voice.

The long-nosed fish-man looked between the two of you and then to Koala. He clicked his tongue, storming off to another part of the ship.

You sighed, not knowing what to do with him. You understood how he felt, but it was frustrating.

"I'm sure he'll get over it," Jinbe reassured. "It'll be a long way to her hometown, so there's plenty of time to get to know her."

"Almost too much," you added with a small smile. You patted his shoulder gratefully, then looked over to Koala. Her back must've still been burning with pain since Tiger branded over the slave tattoo with the symbol of the Sun Pirates. You quickly grabbed a cool, wet cloth to help relieve some of that pain. Jinbe grabbed a towel as well, following you to the child.

Koala, still crying, looked up between the two of you and Tiger, not believing what was happening.

Jinbe smiled kindly at her, and you gently lifted up the back of her shirt to cool the tattoo.

A few minutes later as you held the cool cloth against her back, her crying leveled down to small sniffles. Jinbe wiped the water on her back and patted her shoulder.

"Thank you," Koala whispered out. "Thank you. Thank you."

"Like Fisher Tiger said," you replied with a smile, "it's okay to cry. The emotions are like a tsunami, so cry a tsunami if you'd like."

She nodded profusely, eyes tearing up again. You watched as Tiger order some others to clean a room for her and she followed them to wherever it may be.

It was relieving to see her so free. You looked over to Jinbe.

"Thanks, Jinbe."

"Hm?" He cocked his head, confused. "For what?"

"Nothing," you hummed cheerfully. "And everything." You couldn't forget the night he saved you and the emotions that flooded you. You left it at that and started going to the quarters. "Let's help get Koala situated."