If I Die, Avenge Me [Law x Reader]

Notes:
-Takes place in recent Wano arc (1/18/22).

<<>>

You clenched your teeth in pain, feeling numbness spread throughout your body. One of Queen the Plague's bullets had hit you, and it wasn't one of the ones that the Straw Hat's raccoon dog had found a cure for. Of course he had a different plague in the works and of course it had to hit you.

Queen had laughed and fled like a coward after seeing that it hit you, saying that you won't make it in time. He left a bunch of his cronies with you, which you had no trouble dealing with at first.

However, as more and more came to try and overwhelm you, you could tell your movements were slowing and the plague bullet was definitely working.

You wouldn't make it.

Your mind immediately jumped to Law and what he'd said to you before invading Onigashima.

"Don't get into any trouble."

As if it was that easy. You were all in a war against two Yonko.

"Don't worry about it," you had said. "If I die just avenge me or something."

You had said it jokingly then, thinking it wouldn't be serious and referencing his act of leaving his crew behind to take down Doflamingo by himself. You honestly didn't want him to do that. You knew he'd get himself killed to avenge you.

You'd do the same.

He had spoken to you specifically about this. He knew you would get in the most trouble, and considering you were not within the safety of the Polar Tang, of course you would. You couldn't just stay there while Law and everyone else was beating up two of the strongest pirates alive.

Even so, you hated that you were downed by a single bullet. Queen may be smart for inventing the bullet, but he fought dirty and cowardly, you told yourself.

You were able to hold off the hoard of Beast Pirates for a long while even with Queen's promise that the virus worked fast, but soon you found yourself taking more and more hits as you slowed and weakened.

You weren't going to make it.

You swung your arm around when you saw one approach you from behind out of the corner of your eye, mustering up at least a little bit more strength to try and get them away.

There was a blue flash, and the big, bulky figure was replaced by a more slender one that caught your arm. Despite their loose grip, you couldn't break free. Your eyes met golden ones.

You chuckled weakly when you saw him, lowering your arms. "Oh, it's just you."

<•>

When Law saw the state you were in, he nearly lost it. He'd told the others to stay behind, but you of course wanted to go with him and get into this situation. He swapped himself with a pirate about to attack you and grabbed your arm when you turned to hit him.

He could see fresh wounds on you, but couldn't tell what made you so weak. Normally you'd be able to dodge these slow attacks or beat the enemies before they had a chance to attack.

"What are you doing?" he hissed. However, his eyes caught your lack of balance and flickering eyes and quickly moved to catch you before you fell. "What did you do?"

You coughed, a bit of blood spurting out. "Oh, just some things. Don't worry about it."

Law must have looked especially angry in that moment as he defended himself and you against the pirates, because you quickly added your explanation.

"I got hit with one of Queen's bullet," you coughed out. "It's different from that chill demon one. And with these injuries, I don't think I'll make it."

As you explained what happened, Law could make sense of what was happening in your skin. It was unlike anything he'd seen before, and not at all similar to the cold virus Queen had used before. However, that wasn't going to stop him finding a cure for you as soon as possible.

"Don't say that," he snapped. "Have you forgotten who I am?"

"Trafalgar Law, Surgeon of Death," you said almost bitterly. You attempted to get up again, but to no avail. "If I die, please don't do what you did with Doflamingo. You almost died to get revenge."

Law knew you knew his past and about Rocinante. He'd told you about them himself. He knew and trusted you. Not just that, he cared for you. Loved you.

Of course he'd avenge you even if it meant killing everyone or die trying.

Law could tell the pirates were scared despite their cocky laughs and grins. A few were foolish enough continue to try and approach him, however.

He glared back at them angrily. He wouldn't be surprised if his golden eyes flashed red at that moment. If he had Conqueror's Haki, they wouldn't just drop down unconscious—they'd drop down dead. They'd drop down deep, deep into the fiery pits of hell and pay for what they did to you.

Instead, he used his Room to quickly slice them up and Shambles them, not having the patience to deal with them. They weren't worth his time. You were.

He picked your body up, careful to not injure you further, then used his powers to warp away from the place.

"You're not going to die."