I slipped into my dress and took care of a few last minute details like perfume and a choice of shoes, then eagerly made my way downstairs.

As I climb down the stairs to the basement I spot Koh and Mimi preparing for opening at the bar so I head over to them.

"Where's Yu? Does he have the night off?" I asked, slipping into the high stool at the bar.

"He just went down to the storeroom to collect a few supplies. It's going to be busy, RnB night and all." Koh replied, setting down the glass he'd just polished onto the drying rack.

"Jia, something to drink?" Mimi smiled as she asked from beside him, it was nice to see her in such high sprits.

"Please, an Umeshu on the rocks." I smiled, leaning forward on the counter of the bar. Mimi was quick to pour me a beverage, the way her black hair was tied back into a wavy ponytail looked very pretty. She was giving me girl next door vibes.

Yu returned, on seeing him carrying a crate full of glass liqueur bottles the other two helped him set it down on the counter and began to unpack it. I'd spotted Joon who was with the DJ, the parts of their conversation I'd caught were about the set list. I took it upon myself to ask for a refill while I waited for him to finish. Soon enough, he plopped down in the seat beside me with a little sigh.

"Worst of it finally over? I joked, Joon rolled his eyes playfully before taking the whisky Koh had poured him. The boys knew us well by now, not even having to inquire about their bosses preferences.

"So, I'm curious, what exactly did you want to talk to me about?" He queried, there was an undeniable authority in the way he sat, the way his gaze fell on me. He appeared more solid and confident of late.

"I was hoping we could talk somewhere a little more private, actually." I suggested. The few early arriving club goers that had started to fill out the venue hadn't gone unnoticed by me.

"Oh? Well, we could always move to my office." Joon offered. Giving the glass in hand a swirl, eyes still fixed on me with fond curiosity.

With a curt nod I slipped off the high stool, Joon followed. He smiled lightly, mentioning how flattering he thought the dress I wore was. Casually he pulled me in closer as we walked, his hand resting loosely on my hip. His touches making me smitten.

It wasn't until we settled on the couch of his office that the mood shifted, perhaps he could sense beneath the surface there was a quiet storm brewing within me.

"Talk to me, what's on your mind." Joon plainly cut to the chase.

"Everything. It's everything, Joon. We need to stop before things get any worse. The dealings, the drugs. The problems it's causing. It's slowly tearing everyone up." As I voiced my concerns, within the back of my mind flashed recent events. Not nearly as vivid as they once were but, still just as disturbing.

"You've noticed it too..." Joon gave a sigh and sat back into the comfort of the couch, stern expression replacing worry, "I'm well aware and I'm working on it. Unfortunately, it isn't that simple. For now, you'll just have to bare with it a little longer. I'm sorry Jia... I hope it's not too much to ask, but, please, can you trust me?"

Wait? Trust? How long? His answer hung on a fine tightrope, grappling as to which side it would fall.

"Okay." I lied. Despite knowing how much he cared about the members, the urgency I wanted things be resolved with weren't at the same level as his. I pushed my feelings aside and finished what was in my glass.

"Another?" Joon asked, noticing my eagerness.

"Only if you are," I relaxed, He went over to the cabinet which he kept his personal stash in and set it out on the table in front of us.