23. Small World

It's here ~ Let me know what you think please! I hope it was okay 🥺

Saturday. The day of the concert.

The day soon fell to night. Work was the same as any other usual shift except a very interesting rumour I'd heard. Cece had in passing heard that YG entertainment was in the process of buying out our club. I was uncertain of what that meant for us but seeing as it was just a rumour I ignored it for the time being.

I changed into a tight pair of high waisted jeans and a black crop top for my next stop. The boys weren't scheduled to start their bit until 11:30 so I had time to have a few more shots and get to the club. It felt nice to physically let my hair down and take a seat at my work bar in something that wasn't a dress for once.

Kiah was working the bar tonight, she laughed with me and topped up my shot glass until it was time for me to leave.

After 5 minutes of loitering in line and managing to avoid seedy guys, I got in. Beats blared in my ears and strobes flashed illuminating the dark basement. I nudged past swagged out guys and girls on my way deeper down the spiral staircase. The energy was high, I felt the beat in my chest booming. I spotted the bar and made an A-Line there. The smell of sweat and alcohol was hefty in the air.

I shouted at the bartender over the music for a shot of vodka, he managed to hear me somehow and served me up. I knocked it back before whirling around to scan the stage. I felt a slight dizzy spell hit me so I leaned against the sticky wood of the bar. It probably best to just watch from here.

The prior act finished up and an MC strut across the stage, announcing and hyping up the next act, the boys I was there and were excited to see.

Yoongi, flipped black cap, ripped jeans and black shirt. Fuck, was I imagining things?

Joon, baggy beige shirt, drip chain, hair pushed back. Damn, and that conviction. It was so sexy that it made me wanna hype them up so I did but it was only drowned out by the outcry of the crowd.

Baby boy Hoseok followed, straight black. I was more used to seeing his presence but, he was rapping tonight instead of dancing. This was a different ball game. I was not ready for the insane heat and massive energy the trio dropped as they started their set.

It was straight wild and I was loving every second of losing myself in it. It was just what I needed. They commanded that stage like they owned it- Well Joon was managing the place so- but regardless, it was at that moment something clicked in my head. Amongst the raw grunge I knew, they weren't your average try hard Rapper. They one day would be on a world stage, undeniably.

Maybe I was just love drunk or maybe I was just plain drunk. I-

"Hey babe. You here alone?" A shout came from my left. I spun around purely to be left even more dumbstruck at the sight of Jimin and Tae.

"Jimin? Tae? What're you doing here?" I stammered. Amazed they even made out what I was saying over Joon losing his shit on stage behind me.

Jimin cheekily slipped an arm around my waist and pressed his lips to my ear. "We're wondering the same thing. Are you by yourself?"

I pulled away just enough so he could see me shake my head before leaning into him to reply.

"No! I'm here to watch my friends stage" His gaze followed as I pointed over to the trio rappers lighting up the stage.

Tae didn't seem as curious about what Jimin and I were talking about, instead, he leaned up on the other side of me and over the bar and held up three fingers and yelled "shots!"