60. Hands Of Time

Start from the beginning

I had mixed feelings about this, but I kept them to myself and agreed. I was torn between anxious at having to work with Yoongi, given we weren't on the best of terms right now. And, being really happy about having my song idea being used as the baseline for the title track.

With a tight deadline of one week for the album release, the meeting ends and I head to Yoongi's studio to immediately begin working on the song.

Yoongi punches in the code for the door. I follow in after him, slipping my shoes off by the door just as he'd done.

"There's another chair in the corner," He glances back and points it out before sitting down and starting up the computer. I grab it and pull it over to the desk beside him.

As we settled in and started talking about the song I felt like I'd been worried for nothing. It's as though he didn't hold any kind of ill feelings towards me. Had he really just forgotten about the fight? I pushed it aside for the time being and focused on going over lyrics with him. We bounced ideas off each other as we brainstormed.

After we'd come up with a draft Yoongi pulled up the production software on the computer and we tested out beats. It must have been hours that passed as we recorded and compiled a raw version of the song, tweaking and making changes as we worked.

He had a certain focus about him when he made music. The brilliant way his mind worked, paired with the way he immersed himself was so endearing. I was becoming enthralled by him. I saw him in a very different light than I had before.

I felt a wave of exhaustion hit me, Yoongi noticed and suggested we take a break to have dinner. Seeing as we'd made so much progress taking a break was probably a sound idea.

Yoongi went downstairs to get the fried chicken from the delivery guy so I cleared up the coffee table and pulled it closer to the couch so we had somewhere comfortable to eat.

"Nice," Yoongi gives a small smile as he comes back in and sees that I've cleared the table, "I'm about to have a drink. Do you want one too?" He asked, setting down the plastic bag on the table and heading over to the cabinet beside the door.

"Sure, we worked hard today. I think we've earned it." I answer, unpacking the containers from the bag and popping off lids. Yoongi relaxes down beside me on the couch with a light sigh, setting a bottle of Chamisul and two shot glasses on the table. I give him a pair of chopsticks before putting my hands together.

"Let's eat well~"

Yoongi gave a snort of laughter and glanced at me, "After you," he offered. I took a piece and ate it as Yoongi cracked open the bottle and poured us a shot.

"Mm. It's so good, here, have some Yoongi." I take a piece and bring it up to him. I almost regretted the moment I had as I saw him falter. His dark eyes flicker but then, he cracks his mouth a little. I quickly pop it on his mouth and eat another myself, trying to hide the blush coming on.

"This place has the most delicious fried chicken. I get it from there regularly." Yoongi says casually, "Here." He hands me a shot.

"Thanks. Yeah, it's tastes good. Just the right amount of crispy." I reply, taking the glass from him.

"Cheers." He clinks it against mine and we drink.

We make some small talk as we eat together, before I know it we've polished off a whole bottle and started on another. Neither of us brought up what happened last night but, I had the feeling that was because right now we were trying our best to drown it out.

Forgetting the stress, the regrets, the pressure, the fight, all of it. We got carried away, from laughing about things that Joon had broken to jokingly accusing each other of who was the bigger alcoholic. At some point, we'd put on some music and sing lamely like we were at Karaoke. My cheeks hurt from smiling, and my head felt light. I hadn't seen Yoongi this carefree in so, so long.