60. Hands Of Time

Start from the beginning

"I just wonder, if you could go back in time... Knowing what you know now, knowing what kind of hard decisions need to be made, would you?"

My question hangs in the air for a moment, his expression quite plain as he mulls it over in his mind. I knew turning back was impossible. At some point, we'd crossed lines there was no turning back from. But, that didn't mean the future had to be the same way. If it's what Jin and the others wanted, we could still try to work towards a present we could live with. At this rate, the way things are going now...

"Even if I went back, I don't know if much would change? Hm. For you and the others, perhaps. But, everything that's happened has led us to this point. For me... I don't know if I'll ever be able to escape my fate." I stare at him, what did he mean by fate? Escaping it?

"Now, turn off that overly inquisitive mind of yours. It's too early in the morning to be thinking about such deep things. Besides, the reason I brought you here in the first place was to distract you from yourself. Guess I'll just have to try harder," Jin reaches across the table and places his hand on top of mine, gently caressing his finger over my skin.
A small shudder runs through me at his touch, a sly smile resting on his lips.

"You're right. I'm overthinking," I sigh, "Especially when you went to the trouble to try and get my mind off things."

Jin's touch leaves my hand, his face lighting up before he reaches for my fork.

"Mmm. You've barely had any of the mushrooms. You need to eat more." He smiled and put the mushroom he'd poked onto my fork to my mouth.

"Ahhh. They're a bit too salty though!" I laughed before being forced to open up for him.

"Salty equals tasty. Don't be such a picky eater princess." Jin laughed. The two of us continued to enjoy each other's company until we'd finished eating and it was nearing time to leave for the meeting.

When we get to the agency we're shown up to the room where the meeting is taking place. Seated around a long table is quite possibly nearly every staff member that had some relevance in the making of the album. P-Dog and a couple of other producers, PR and marketing personnel, Sungdeuk the head choreographer, managers and the boys themselves.

I caught Joon turning to look at me from his seat but Jin gently pointed out the spare seat that was for me and I didn't have time to stop and talk just yet. The spot he'd pointed was beside P-Dog and another producer named Slow Rabit. I gave small nods of greeting as I made my way around the table to my seat. I caught a few looks from across the table, Jimin and Jungkook mostly. But, most notably Tae. He wore a blank expression but, I knew he wasn't ok...

Not long after I settled down and said hello to the two beside me P.D-Nim came into the room. Any small chatter around the room died down as he started to greet everyone. Annie the intern had followed closely behind and was now handing out an itinerary for the meeting.

I took a copy and passed the spare aside before scanning the content index. There was quite a lot to cover but not everything listed necessarily concerned me, still, I made it a point to listen closely.

After PD-Nim was through addressing the specifics he'd decided of his own accord, discussions around the table began.

A promotional countdown will be done on YouTube for the comeback, which will include concept photos, teasers, and a tracklist reveal. The details are hashed out amongst the relevant departments of staff. The promotion schedule was starting to sound very tight, which only added to the pressure of time constraint in regards to song production.

As we finally reach the topic of songs, decisions of which track the producer will have oversight for are made. Despite only being a lyricist I offered to help out too. Which, resulted in me being paired with Yoongi to work on the title track. N.O