But, something catches my footing and I nearly trip. My eyes wander to what it was, only to see the trap door was slightly raised, as though someone hadn't closed it properly behind them.

I'd forget it was there. After the last time, I'd never gone back. Curiosity bubbles inside me. What was down there, exactly? Was it just an empty room? Or was there more?

I'm careful to not make any sound as I lift the door and step down. Just as I had found the door, I pull it closed behind me and descend into the dim hall below.

I hear voices in the distance; they echo off the concrete of the walls.

Should I? Was I welcome down here?

Jungkook was mad when he knew I'd come down here. So maybe not. It doesn't stop me.

My steps are silent, one foot after the other as I get closer. Something feels off. High-pitched cries pierce my ears. It sounds like a girl. They are unnerving, but I keep going, stopping as I reach the corner.

Nothing could've prepared me for what I see. My heart drops in an instant.

A girl is bound to a wooden chair by ropes in the centre of the room. The cries come from her.

Her skin's pale, her hair jet black, and she looks so young. The same age as me. I can't look away. It was like looking at a reflection of myself. So innocent, in pain. Her cries reach and clench at the depths of my soul. She is scared for her life. Yet, they are all standing there. From right to left, like this was a sick circle ritual, discussing something.

Hoseok, Jin, Joon.

Jungkook, Tae, Jimin, Yoongi.

What the fuck is going on here?

My body quivers, my instinct is yelling at me. To run away or do something, but I force myself to stay still and listen.

"Do we really need to do this? She's just a girl..." Tae was not ok. He looked like he was about to be sick. His voice filled with nerve.

"You know we can't risk letting her leave here alive, not after what she's seen. It's just too dangerous." Joon's tone was sombre, but the undertones of his words crawled over my skin.

They couldn't let her leave alive? Did I hear him right? There was no way.

"But..." Jin cut off Tae.

"Joon is right, Tae. As if keeping her hauled down here for an entire week wasn't risky enough, we need to deal with this now." His eyes were cold as he spoke. There was nothing behind them. My palms feel sweaty, my skin feels clammy.

Jimin, was he about to say something? For a moment, the way he'd stepped forward, it looked like he was... But, his expression contorted, like he was battling inner conflict. Biting his tongue.

This has to all be a lie. It's not real.

"As fucked up as this is, Jin Hyung is right." Yoongi bitterly agrees, standing there, arms crossed, studying Tae.

Jungkook is silent, brows furrowed. As though attentively contemplating this insane debate. Torn between whether he was even conflicted or not.

"Fucked up? Hah. That doesn't even begin to describe this." Jimin fires back, running a hand through his hair, as though he couldn't believe the audacity. Then, Tae breaks. Shaking his head from side to side, like he just -

"This isn't right. I can't do this."

In an instant, Tae turns on his heels and staunches right in my direction. Fuck.

Panic hits me. I look around, desperate to hide. Upon seeing a table with a cloth over it to my left, I dive under it.

It was just in time, not a second later, and Tae would have seen me as he escaped from the basement. My heartbeat is hard in my chest. I try to breath to calm down but I just can't shake the panic building in me.