CHAPTER 22 - DIAMOND

FARREI

Ahh fuck. I bit my lip whenever the memory of our making out flashed in my mind like a broken record. I didn't expect I'd be this... this... uncontrollable every time I see fire in her eyes. I've done the deed with other women before but this time is different. The urge to push her down the seat and make love to her there and then is much more stronger than my self control. 

But as a loving boyfriend, I stopped myself. I want her to take the lead in this relationship. That's how serious I am towards her. Kung tutuusin hindi talaga ako ganito. I'm a monster who only knew how to fuck. Pero si Yllena to... she's precious to me. And I am very careful in all I do because I can't afford to hurt her. Much more, lose her.

Mas malakas pa siya kumpara sa akin. She became my inspiration and motivation to work with my father for the betterment of the family business. And it is because of her, I'm about to do what needs to be done long long ago. Talagang nadi-distract lang ako sa mga halik niyang pumapasok sa isipan ko ngayon.

"This will be the last chance to change your name, son. It'll take a week to change it globally. Rei Lyone Monteverde will be nonexistent."

I signed the papers and placed it inside an envelope. 

"Yes, Dad. Don't worry, hindi ako nagdadalawang isip ngayon." 

He smiled and gave the envelope to his assistant, Thomas. Akala ko'y lalabas na siya ng opisina pero nagpaiwan siya. My father grabbed something from his suit case. I've been wondering about that ever since he entered my office. 

"I want you to give this to Yllena." I looked at the small box. Ipinatong niya iyon sa desk at itinulak palapit sakin. Nagtataka ko iyong tiningnan. 

It was a silver band ring with a rare, half carat, red diamond attached to it. From what I learned about this thing, sobrang bihira lang na makahanap ng red diamond. It's the rarest color of diamonds along with pink and blue. Sa buong mundo yata, mayroon lang 30 red diamonds na nahanap?

Kung paano nagkaroon ng ganito ang pamilya, hindi ko alam. 

"Dad, hindi pa kami magpapakasal ni Yllena. Kasisimula pa lang ng relasyon naming dalawa. Why are you giving me an engagement ring?" 

Malakas na tumawa si Dad. Tinaasan ko lang siya ng kilay.

"Oh silly man, it's not an engagement ring. This will serve as a family gift to her. No more questions. Make her not to remove this thing."

Ilang oras ko yatang tinitigan ang bagay na nasa ibabaw ng desk. Nakaalis na si Dad para sa meeting na gaganapin sa hotel ng mga Moretti. I didn't bother to go with him. Siya na ang bahala sa pagpaplano tungkol sa company party.

It will be held in two months. Tradition iyon ng company yearly na magcelebrate ng accomplishments but this year, the transfer of chairmanship will be publicly announced. Surely, magiging topic iyon ng media at magazines. Balita ko'y may pinadalang invitations na si Dad sa ilang members ng Underground at maging sa Three Beasts ng Underground: Realandro Moretti, Alfredo Mardoni and Copernic Galanis. These men basically ruled the underground, including my Dad. 

They were supposed to be Five Beasts but something happened to Daniel Varoni and his family. History said that the Varonis started to fade in the industry as well as the Underground years ago when tito Daniel broke a rule or something. I don't really understand their past but if I were to be the heir of the Black, obviously, Dad's position will be transferred to me. 

Kung magiging isa ako sa Beasts in the future, along with Rafaelle, Alexus, and Nikkolai Zero, I should know everything about the Underground. Mas gugustuhin ko pa talagang pamunuan ito kumpara sa kumpanya. Nakakatawa't parang kailan lang ay todo tanggi pa akong akuin ang pamumuno sa Airlines pero heto ako ngayon, chairman na.