CHAPTER 11 - FIRST

FARREI

I sighed, turning off my phone. Binalik ko iyon sa bulsa at saglit na tumingala. 

It was eight in the evening and I'm already waiting for her at the bar's terrace.  Masyado pang maaga para sa shift niya. I don't want to bother my friends cause I know they're busy enough with their companies and I'm the only one with nothing to manage. 

Hours later, she then came and we both talked a bit about some things. Pansin kong mabigat ang hangin sa pagitan naming dalawa. As I observe her eyes, it seems like she cried and the usual glint that I'm starting to get addicted to was nowhere to be seen. 

Something is wrong with her and she's brushing off the topic when I asked. I respect that as she respected mine too. Hindi ko lang inasahang mapupunta sa akin ang usapan. 

"I don't know... Alam ko lang ay ayaw ko ng posisyon sa company. I'm not born to lead-" I started reasoning, only to get blocked by her wit. 

"But you are born to make a difference."

Natahimik ako sa sinabi niya. What I did was wrong because I stood them up. 

The company was supposed to have a meeting with me and the board to discuss the soon, transfer of chairmanship. Everybody was present and I'm the only one who didn't attend. And for sure, my father's furious with my attitude right now.

"They're giving it to you because I think you're responsible enough to handle it. Hindi mo malalaman ang kakayahan mo kung hindi mo susubukan, hindi ba?" She winked at me and my lips grinned.

Yna's a bright girl. I can sense that. At parang sinampal ako ng katotohanang hawak ko ang kinabukasan ko. 

She was right, though. How did I assume that I'm not born to lead if I haven't tried anything? That's what she made me think the entire time I am staring at her. But then...

We both have weights behind us that we want to escape... I thought. 

"Do you want to go somewhere tonight?" I asked. I can see that she's trying to compose herself after crying earlier. 

I was thinking of doing something with her tonight. Judging by her aura, its a bad day for the both of us. I am thinking maybe we can relax outside? This place isn't a big help to relieve whatever  weight we're feeling right now. 

"H-huh?" she confusedly asked. Traces of tears are still visible and my thumb ached to dry it. 

Stop it, Black. 

"I was thinking of going somewhere, do you think you can go out during your shift?"

"Bakit? I mean... isasama mo ako?" I nodded at her question. 

"I... I don't know... Hindi ko pa nasubukang lumabas ng bar sa oras ng shift ko. It's my limit." She smiled. I tilted my head. 

"Limits? What are your limits, then?" 

"It's an agreement with the management kung ano yung hangganan ng serbisyo naming mga companions. Ang sa akin, hindi ako pwedeng dalhin ng client ko sa kahit na anong private rooms. I'm to serve tables and just be a plain companion," she shrugged and lay her back on the couch. 

I silently coughed. Relieved about the agreement. 

I know that she's inexperienced with regard to sex. She's a fucking virgin! And it was very rare in these places. I'm not saying that all those girls who go clubbing aren't virgins anymore. It's just my prejudices to some who work at the bar. 

But with Yna, I am still overwhelmed that she managed to keep herself pure. And I am not going to taint that innocence. 

Really, Farrei? You're being a hypocrite yourself. You even imagined your hands roaming around those round bre-  I shook those thoughts away. Kung saan-saan na napupunta ang isipan ko.