Best Night Of Our Lives

Start from the beginning

           Around the end of the day I finally realized what had been scaring me. I walked out to the parking lot and saw every one in the school there. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but the fact that everyone was looking at me while Monte was standing on the top of his truck  holding a large bouquet of purple roses with a gigantic  sign behind him saying "VIOLET WILL YOU GO TO PROM WITH ME?" in large black letters with my name and the word PROM written in purple glitter letters. I froze right in my place, I was so scared that I almost turned around and ran away. I actually turned around, but when I saw Rob, Ronnie, Mike, Omar, and Max there I knew it was best that I didn't! Max must  be here for Monte, maybe that's why Monte was upset earlier, because he thought Max was gonna miss this, but everyone knows Max wouldn't miss this for the world. When I turned back around I saw that Monte was now on the bed of his truck beckoning me to him. I felt a slight push in the middle of my back, knowing that Max was telling me to go forward. 

           See, of all of our friends, I think Max was the most supportive of our relationship. He always sat up with me on those nights that he didn't want to be at home, and would tell me that our relationship is the only one that he's watched form and prove to him that not all relationships are terrible. That they aren't always just based off sex or that you don't always have to hate each other or to only be together for some stupid reason. Our relationship was one of the longest lasting relationships that Max has seen, and I was proud of that. He told me that Monte and I were gonna get married and how he was gonna be the best man, even if he had to fight Mike for it. He would start smiling telling me that our kids were going to call him and his wife "auntie and uncle Maxy". He wanted to have a life, and we were his inspiration for that. So when our relationship ended, I think Max was more upset then we were. If only I can find him now...

           I took a step forward, only to be pushed a little more, it was Max's way of saying "Go on Mowgli, go on!" (I watch too many Disney Movies! XD) I took a few more steps, then a few more, next thing you know I was met half way by the little brown eyed devil himself. 

"Violet, I know this is a little too much for you, but I didn't know a better way to ask then to ask big! so Violet Ariel Holliday, will you please go to prom with me?" I was so shocked that the only thing I could say was,

"At least you said please!" Monte smiled really big knowing my weird sense of humor and knowing that it meant yes.  He picked me up and spun me around the sounds of everyone's cheers drowned in the background and it felt like we were the only two people on earth. That's what always made me happy, when I hugged him, I wasn't scared  of anything. I could basically start a world war and everything would still be okay. When I was with him, no one else in the world mattered, I was finally happy for once,  and I didn't think any thing could change that. 

      Max pulled me to the side after that and told me how happy he was for us. He was jumping up and down and telling me how he wants to go with me to go dress shopping. For a boy, Max was really excited about dresses. I understood where he was coming from though. Max told me that he always wanted a little sister to take places and to spoil, so I guess now he got that with me.

Skip forward to the dress shopping day, aka, the day I died a little on the inside. My mom was WAY more excited then I ever was. She was finding frilly dress after frilly dress and trying to throw them on me. I think if Max was a girl she would have made him try them on too! We spent countless hours going  to different stores and trying them on. It wasn't until 10:00 at night that Max saw something that caught his eye.

"Vy, I think I found something!"

"Well what is it Maximillion?" I turned around to see Max holding this all black dress with a neck line that reminded me of a vampire type dress. (insert) I normally wouldn't go for something like that dress, but it just seemed so fitting for the occasion.