SEVENTY FOUR

TINO

I could barely read a line from the book in my hands. How could I? The smell of nicotine mixed a little too nicely with her scent.
She clung tightly to me even in her sleep while Gianni sat across me, a cigar in his hand.
The both of them drove me to the point of insanity and probably off it.

"What did you do to her?" He asked and I shut the book, careful not to wake her up. The way she was so close to me, it was distracting. I was this close to losing it.

"Who?" I ran the back of my knuckles against her cheek, admiring her soft features.

"The woman, Tino. You know what I mean" Gianni's curiosity, I could feel it since we left that house. He wanted to know. I didn't want to talk about it -he knew this.

"Fiore said she wanted to go swimming. Take her with you when she wakes" I ran my thumb over her nose and raised a brow when I got no answer.

"Did you hear me, Gianni?" I leaned back in my seat, looking at him. He stared intently at me, locking his jaws tightly.

Adorable.

"Yes. Yes, I hear you" he grumbled and stood up. What I would give to tug that flimsy towel off his waist.

"I didn't touch her -I wouldn't. She's not going back. I made her sign something so, she'll never take her away" I stood up and walked to the bed. Gianni shuffles towards me, a sensual smile on his face as he linked his arm in mine.

I placed her on the bed and covered her up with the sheets, sitting down next to her before turning to Gianni who was smiling brightly.

I loved seeing him like this. I knew that just beneath all of those tattoos,

"I love you" he sang, smiling brightly and I chuckled. Gianni drew closer, placing his hands on my shoulder as he slowly straddled me.

"Someone's in a better mood" I teased, placing my hands on his waist and pulling him close. He leaned in, grazing his lips against mine.

"I am. Thank you" he pulled back, his cheeks reddening with every second that passed and I chuckled, brushing my fingers through his hair.

"I told you about that flimsy towel, yes?" I raised a brow and he smiled, still blinking at me before he cleaned his throat and got off me. Well, that towel didn't do a good job hiding his blue intentions.

"Uh...I...I should go take a shower" he mumbled and walked to the bathroom. I smiled and shook my head, turning to Fiore who was gripping my shirt tightly even in her sleep.

"Don't worry about a single thing, il mio Fiore" I whispered, leaning in closer. She mumbled in her sleep
"Not a single thing" That she felt so comfortable with me and not her mother made me feel like I'd won a jackpot.
Maybe I shouldn't be so happy. Maybe. Maybe not.
I read a book once,

"Gale. She was the one who ruined him. She was the one who brought a powerful commander to his knees. I They had warned him -she was no good. The doe eyed seductress had stripped him of everything. Yet, Zhao still thought of her as his home. Everywhere she went was his home"

It was what I was feeling now. My little flower wrapped me tightly around her finger. Maybe she was no good for me. It didn't matter.

"I'm at a point of no return" I smiled and brushed my thumb along her slender neck.

"You'll wake her up if you keep staring at her like that" Gianni called in a tone that he seemed to have forgotten he had a while ago. I chuckled and tucked her in, turning to him.

I raised a brow. He smirked and held his hands out, doing a little spin that showed he was proud of himself.

"Wura likes this one. We picked couple lounge wears for just us" He seemed so proud of himself and I laughed, slipping my hands into my pocket as I walked towards the closet.

"She bought it with my card. You should be thanking me. Besides..." I opened the closet and held up the white and black cross-checkered loungewear that matched his blue one.

"I have one" Gianni scoffed and raised a brow, seemingly disappointed, making me chuckle.

"Not to worry, bambino. I think I prefer both of you without clothes" I grinned and Gianni gulped audibly, taking a few steps back before he turned around and climbed into bed next to Wura who immediately clung to him.

My heart soared with a satisfaction and desire that made my lips tug into an unconscious grin.

I loved them both. So much. It almost felt ridiculous to think about it.

"You should sleep. We'll leave tomorrow" I called, walking to the table where a paperweight sat on the contract Fiore's mother had signed.

I felt no guilt. She might have lost her daughter but Gianni and I found a reason to live. I refused to give her up. I was selfish. I don't give a fuck about what happened to her after that. I didn't.

I chuckled as I took the contract, holding it up against the light. I was excited. I was too damn excited.

"All is fair in love and war, isn't it?" I mumbled to myself, folding up the contract. I picked up the book I was reading earlier and slipped the flimsy piece of paper that held so much weight in between the pages.

Pressing my palms against the table, I inhaled and exhaled. I guess the journey here was certainly worth it.

💛
Hello Darlings, Happy New Year!
I wish you all the happiness in the world.
I just got married so, I haven't been on Wattpad for months and I apologize for disappearing on you.
I'm kidding.
I didn't.
I didn't get married.
Anyhoo! One more chapter to go!
For some reason, I'm not quite as sad as I was with Pastor Sage and Dessert. Maybe because I'm so excited about the new books.
Anyways here's the more important note;
1. I'll be taking dessert and Wuraola down in a few weeks. If you'd be interested in a physical copy of any of my books, let me know *insert sexy wink here*
2. I'm so excited about this second announcement because I've been thinking about it for months. I decided to create a Sage & Risha themed journal/diary. I'm so excited y'all! [We'll talk about this later but I hope you're as excited as I am]
-Aduke🌸