FIFTY THREE

This chapter will be in the 3rd POV. Enjoy!

The young girl's pink braids had turned black, the bright pink no longer visible as it had been covered in blood and grime. Just like the radiance on her face had been taken away. She laid naked in the middle of the cell. She didn't cry. She promised herself she wouldn't even when she had given up hope.

They didn't come for her. Did they lie to her? They shouldn't have...because they only gave her false hope.

Vince crawled towards her and unbuttoned his shirt. Vince's pale skin had been covered in dirt as he hadn't taken a shower in over two weeks. It felt like months to both of them.

His own wound had closed up but it left a nasty and painful black scar.

"Come here, little one" he whispered and she did as he'd asked. He put his shirt on her and buttoned it up. His heart ached and he felt ashamed of himself. He was her best friend but he could only watch her taken away. He couldn't do anything.

When she was taken away by Miranda, she was returned with new bruises that tainted her formerly clear skin.

The side of her face was covered in dark spots left by acne from stress and she hadn't spoken to him in a week.

Vince could only do very little. If he tried to help her or defy Miranda, it only meant that Wura was getting more bruises. He didn't know what went on when they took her away but it wasn't good.

He wanted to help. He wanted to do anything. He'd even offered himself in her place but Miranda was insisted on 'ruining the girl who caught the attention of her husbands'.

"Bread?" He offered as she sat in his arms. Vince has grown a strong hate for Gianni and Tino. They had abandoned her like that? Maybe they were trying but they weren't trying hard enough, he thought.

Wura laid her head on his chest, shivering slightly.

"They're not coming, are they?" She whispered and Vince sighed, combing his fingers through her tangled braids as he stared at the tiny window.

He was tired of giving her hope.

"I don't know anymore, Gattina. However, we must not rely on them anymore. We have ourselves and we're pretty strong together, aren't we?" He smiled, holding his wrist with the bracelet on it up and Wura's eyes lit up. She held her hand up, nodding in agreement.

"We are" she whispered and smiled. Vince's eyes caught sight of the marks on Wura's thighs. About three inches long, like they had been drawn with a razor blade.

"Wanna tell me what she does to you up there?" He asked in a soft voice, hoping she didn't freak out. He had never asked her before because she seemed like she preferred the comfort and warm contact.

Wura looked up to him and he hummed.

"She just cuts me. Calls me blackout cause I'm dark. Tells me that I'm not good enough... I'm not pretty...I'm not beautiful" Vin frowned when he noticed how she spoke. Like she believed it. Like they were affirmations.

"But it's fine" she smiled at him and when she noticed that Vince wasn't smiling, rather, he looked angry.

"It's not fine. I might not be attracted to you sexually but I know a beautiful person when I see them. And you, Bambino..." he trailed off.

"You're beautiful. Inside and out. It doesn't matter how many scars she leaves on you, you're beautiful. You're good enough. You don't even know how you made my day. Your presence is like...a fluorescent light. Bright" he whispered and Wura grinned, hugging him.

Maybe that was what she needed to hear. Maybe it wasn't. It still made her feel much better.

The night slowly came and like always, Vince only slept lightly. His heart raced when he heard Miranda pace back and forth in front of the cell like she was trying to make a decision. His eyes weren't open but his body was stiff. He and Wura slept on the ground covered in his suit jacket. It was more underneath the younger girl while his hand on her body covered in his shirt kept her warm.

Wuraola mumbled Gianni's name in her sleep before snuggling closer against a stiff Vin.

Miranda walked out after glaring at the girl sleeping on the ground.

I'll come back tomorrow, she thought.

Morning came too quickly and while the floor was cold, Vince held Wura in his arms to keep her warm. Miranda hadn't brought them any food even till evening and Wura already had a pout on her face as her stomach rumbled.

"I'm hungry" she turned to Vince who was doing press ups in the corner of the room.

He wasn't sure of what to do. Right on cue, Miranda walked in, holding two bags of McDonald's that smelled tantalizing. Vince and Wura couldn't hide the way their stomachs rumbled.

"I made you dinner...but I have an offer" she smirked and Vince clenched his jaws. He hated her even from the very first moment he saw her.
He could see it, the minute she walked into the house, clinging to Tino's arm that the innocence in her eyes were only false.

"Keep her out of it" Vince stood up while Wura followed. She was scared but she didn't want to be. She didn't want to look like she was scared.

"Oh, we will. I want you, Vin" Miranda smirked and Vince eyed her, face scrunched up in disgust. Only Wura called him that but he didn't say anything.

"I'm gay" he snapped and Miranda giggled.

"Oh, I know. You need something from me. I'm gonna give it to you -and I won't touch pretty perfect little miss...blackout here." Vince clenched his jaw at the thought of the woman insulting Wura like that.

"How do I know you won't go back on your promise?" He towered over Miranda who handed the bag filled with food and drink to Wura who snatched it out of her hand.

A plan formulated in Vin's head. He knew this was the only opportunity they would ever get. If he messed up, things could go wrong.

Really wrong.

He wasn't attracted to her in the slightest bit. He was more disgusted by her but he had to do what he needed to do.

"I will. If you pull anything funny, blackout there, gets it. Am I clear, baby?" She whispered with a smirk on her red lips and trailed her fingers along his bare chest. Her fingers lingers over the scar where he had gotten shot.

"Stop calling her that"