Chapter 23 - The Apology

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Dad was outside in front of the TV. And like the worst flashback of my life, the man I love was again on TV. And there were our pictures too.

I froze thinking of what had happened the last time. And this time it wasn't just pictures. Ohm was there live.

.

Ohm's POV:

"Are you ok with my decision?" I asked Niran.

He nodded patting my shoulder. "I told you in Chiang Mai that I am with you in every step you take from now on."

I turned to Aim. And she held my hand. "As your legal advisor and finance VP, I must say this will result in a big loss for a few months. Our share prices may decline too. But as a sister, I am proud of you." She smiled.

I kissed her forehead and turned to Drake and he gave me a supportive smile holding my shoulder and nodded. "I am proud to have a friend like you. Let's go buddy."

I need to do this. This is the only way everything can be amended. I took a deep breath before walking out on stage to the podium of the live press conference I had arranged last night.

Camera flashes took over the whole lightening and I held the sides of the podium to stand my ground without shaking. No one should know that I am nervous. But internally I am quivering.

"Good Afternoon Everyone." I greeted with a brief smile. "Today, I am going to answer all your questions. I called this conference to talk about the news that came out three weeks ago and to give you the official statement that you have been asking for."

"Mr. Ohm Pawat. Why did you refuse to talk to us after that? And why answer now?" a reporter asked.

"We are all humans. We are all the same. Nobody likes to make their lives public. But thanks to you, who made it public without asking, we needed to sort my family first." I replied sarcastically.

"Are you gay?" another reporter asked.

"As far as I know, gender is not a measure for me to be attracted to someone. I need to feel connected to a person." I replied.

"Are you married?"

"Yes!" That's my absolute reality now.

"Are you married to a guy? That photographer?"

"The name is Nanon!" I said. "And yes he is my legally wedded husband."

"Why did you lie to us?"

"I never lied. You heard the first rumor, you published it. You heard the second rumor, you published it. Was I present when the statement was given? No!"

"Your father gave the statement. Was he lying?"

"Was he present when the statement was given? I don't think so." I know he has men to do all the lowly jobs.

"Mr. Ohm Pawat, are you not afraid your company might suffer because of this?" a reporter asked.

"Pawat Manufacturing Pvt Ltd. is what my grandfather started. Its success doubled in the era when my father and my uncle worked as the leads. Today, we have a reputation for our quality of work. I am known because of my company. It was never the other way around. If someone was to work with me only after knowing my sexuality or marital status, well, I am sorry but that won't change the way my machines and my warehouse works." I smiled and the reporters laughed.

"Mr. Pawat. Aren't you embarrassed to come out on national television?" an anonymous reporter asked from the crowd. Hiding behind everyone. I can't say that I wasn't expecting this. In fact, I am glad someone asked this. Coz this will allow me to say what I wanted to.