Chapter 14 - Sealing The Deal

Nanon's POV:

I came back home late after finishing my work. Recently due to Ohm's interview and shoot, I had an extra assignment to take care of. So it took me long time to finish the submissions. I looked at the window and saw the lights up. The Ape is back home.

I will finally have to face him. I had told him we will talk in the evening. But I don't know where to begin. Rith is no more than a friend now. But does that change anything between the two of us? I don't know. Since the time I fell for Ohm, Rith was long gone from my heart anyway. But the tension between Ohm and me has been due to my insecurities due to Ohm's carefree attitude towards relationships.

As soon as I opened the door I saw Ohm on the floor, sitting beside the couch, looking lost, drunk. I heard footsteps approaching and to my utmost surprise I saw Tay.

"Tay?" I asked bummed.

"Oh, hi Nanon." He said and greeted me with a slight smile. He was holding a glass of water. He then walked towards Ohm and gave it to him. "Hey, have a glass of water first."

"Hmmm?" Ohm mumbled in his not very conscious state.

"Have some water dude. I'll leave for home then."

"What is going on here?" I asked Tay.

"He drank a bit too much today. I came to drop him home."

"Ummm, I... I'll look after him." I said.

"Tay nodded and turned to look at Ohm. "I am leaving bro. Will call you tomorrow." He then turned to me. He looked at me for a second and said "Even after he apologized, I am still a bit pissed at him for what he did in Vegas. But what I heard today made me feel that maybe this was bound to happen. I was just the medium."

"I don't understand." I said confused.

"It's not my place to say anything. I guess you both need to start communicating with each other. I'll take your leave now." He patted my shoulder and left.

I went near Ohm who was lost looking somewhere else.

"Ohm..." I said holding his shoulder.

"Nnn... Nanon. How are you my friend?" he said with a slight smile. Eyes red, movements clumsy.

"Why did you get drunk like this?"

"I was toooooo late."

"Late?"

"I am soooooo stupid."

"Ohm, I am not able to make sense. Let's go to your room. You should change and and go to bed. We can talk tomorrow."

He held my hand when I was about to get up and pulled me back.

"Ohm!"

"No more running away. Please don't run away anymore. You and I are running from each other since the very beginning."

I looked at him and he smirked. I was ready to talk to him today, but not like this. Not in this state.

"I am not running away. I am saying we will talk tomorrow morning. I promise." I held his hand to promise.

He looked at our hands and made a pouty face.

"This is how you held his hand too. Was that to make a promise too?"

"Whose hand? What are you..."

"I saw you today evening with Rith. You were both so happy. Holding hands... Pinching cheeks... Caressing hair... Did you kiss too? Did I leave too early and missed your PDA?"