Chapter 3 - Flashback - Las Vegas - Part 2

Nanon's POV:

I must have bluffed to get out of there but I was actually tired. I don't remember how I slept after returning to my room. It's almost time for the party and I am late.

But this jet lag is still taking a toll on me. I am having a bad headache. And I don't think I will be able to cope up with it for the entire party. So I think I should go and get some medicines first.

I locked my room, and went down the lobby for reception.

"Excuse me. Do you have any medicine for headache?"

"Let me check Sir." The receptionist went to check in the cabinet.

"Sorry Sir, we don't have it in stock. Please give us some time, we will arrange it as soon as possible."

"Uhm, it's ok. I am in a rush. Can you please tell me of there is any chemist nearby?"

"Yes Sir, when you go out of the main entrance gate, take a right and go straight. There is one 7/11 near the crossroad."

"Thanks!"

I quickly started in the said direction. I don't want to be late for the party. I am also carrying a surprise for Tay with me. Tay and New both don't know that Tay's brother Jimmy is my best friend. And he has sent their grandpa's ring with me for Tay to give it to New. This way they will still feel their family blessings. Jimmy asked me to keep it a surprise. So I can't be late to miss the ring ceremony.

While walking, I could hear footsteps from behind. But whenever I turned, I could find nobody. I think I am hallucinating due to headache. Let's just ignore it for now.

"Hi, can I get a tablet for headache?"

"Sure, wait a minute." He searched and came back with a strip. "50 cents." He handed it over to me.

I checked my wallet but couldn't find change. "Do you have change?"

"Sorry, I don't have it. Please get exact change."

"I'll buy it. Here... 50 cents."

I heard a voice behind me and a hand hovered me to provide change. When I turned, I saw the similar handsome guy in front of me. He smirked at me again like he did in the morning. What was his name again? Shit I forgot. Is he helping me buy medicine? I should thank him then.

I smiled at him and extended my hand "Hey, tha..."

"Uff I had a bad headache since morning. Needed this big time. Thanks mate." He thanked the chemist, winked at me and walked out of the shop. Just like that completely ignoring my gesture.

Once again that asshole ignored me.

"Sir, please get us exact change and I will get you the medicine."

"No thanks. I'll manage."

I started walking back to hotel and decided to endure the headache. I am here to sign as witness, so I'll do my bit and go back to my room and rest.

"Do you need this?" I saw someone waving a medicine strip in front of my eyes and I knew who it could be.

Sigh. "Don't you need it?"

"There are 10 tablets in here. I can lend you one." He arched his eyebrow while giving a crooked smile.

"Thanks" I extended my hand again but he took it back and chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?"

"You think I'll give it to you for free?"

"I don't have change!"