Chapter 9 - Fake Marriage!

Nanon's POV:

Life with Ohm is not that difficult as I had imagined earlier. He is a kid but a kid who adapts fast. Now a days he has started cooperating a bit in keeping the home clean. He won't make a fuss when I start vacuum cleaner at 5 am. He still does sing loudly in the evening but it's not that unbearable. Or maybe I am getting used to it.

I have started learning a few things about him. He likes to have beer with dinner but when the workload is more, he switches to whiskey or vodka depending on the mood.

He doesn't like bothering his juniors for overtime. He would rather do their work instead when there is something pending. This makes him a good boss and earns respect from his juniors.

He likes to watch soccer matches and keeps commenting in between when a player does something stupid.

He likes home cooked meals and always drools at the food I prepare. I feel a little rude refusing to share with him. But I don't want to be his slave. Sometimes I do prepare food for him and pretend that I made extra and keep it aside. Then later he will come back to the kitchen when I am not there and have it quietly.

There are many shades of him. He can be rude, moody and cranky. But then the other day, he can be funny.

He observes when I leave and enter home. But I don't know if he cares. And I don't know if I want him to care.

More than everything, he is picture perfect to the eyes. He may not know my sexuality. But I know how attractive he is to me. I have started observing small things about him. His hair when he wakes up. The way he wears his clothes. The way he laughs. His abs and his sweat covered body after workout. His crooked smile, his fierce eyes. The nervous energy that makes him shake his legs while he is working.

It's been a month of coexisting and the place has started to feel like home already. Though one thing I really feel uncomfortable about. We haven't had a good conversation yet. It's like we are two people staying together but we don't know anything about each other. We have started adapting to this life, but we are still not more than acquaintances.

The thought that causes discomfort is that I am getting accustomed to him. At times I wonder what will happen when after 6 months this fake marriage will end.

Ohm's POV:

My life has taken a 360 degree turn in last one month. I am kind of getting the hang of everything now.

Nanon, the Hitler I was irritated with, has now become a part of my daily routine.

I thought trying to cooperate will make our lives a bit easier. And it does. I have started to learn doing things myself. Whereas he has started to nag less. He sometimes even smiles at me.

I try to remind myself always that I can't be attracted to him. This is a temporary arrangement and we will eventually be moving on to our own lives. But the thing is, I am getting too much used to the changes in my life.

From day one, I have observed him, especially his dimpled smile. But in last few days, I have observed that he has flawless skin. Better than any man or woman I have known. And he takes care of it too. He wears clothes like a nerd, but it suits him a lot. He has got his own class. He likes to watch action movies and keeps taking notes of the camera angles while watching it. He likes to play guitar. And once I heard him singing too. I knew then why he found my voice comparable to a horse.

He loves his camera too much. And because he is a photographer, he likes to keep things and place photo-ready clean. He is too picky. Keeps everything back the exact way as it was earlier. Can't handle odors. Keeps sanitizing hands and spraying room fragrant. Takes more than 15 minutes to decide what to cook. But when he does, he prepares the best meals. I know this now coz I have stolen his food a few times. If I had to rate, after aunt Ying, he is the only guy who makes this delicious food. Can't compare to any Michelin star chef.