Chapter 2 - Flashback - Las Vegas - Part 1

One week ago:

Ohm's POV:

"Tay! My friend. Long time!"

I gave Tay a warm hug before shaking hands with his fiancé New. Tay and I have been friends since college. From the very first day, we knew we will get along well. Our friendship was that natural.

"Ohm I am so glad you came."

"I had to. After all I had promised you." I winked at him. We were at Bellageo Hotel where Tay had planned his wedding and reception to be held. Like my family, Tay's family was also one of the big shots. But they did not approve of Tay and his 5-year long relationship with New. So Tay decided to get married outside country. And invited a very few people from both their end. And I am not only a friend but a family friend and business associate as well. I had once promised him to sign as a witness when such a day arrives while his family is not by his side. So here I am.

"Hope you had a good flight. If you excuse me, I'll see you guys in sometime. I have a few friends to catch up with." New waved and kissed Tay before leaving while Tay and I sat in the hotel restaurant for breakfast. I had unpacked and got ready for the wedding party immediately after checking in. I knew Tay must be busy with the preparations so I didn't bother him for logistics.

"Yeah, I guess I have a bit of a jet lag. Plus, motion sickness. But this place is wow! I am feeling refreshed just by looking around."

"Bastard! I know you are devouring the eye candies, hah?" Tay teased. "Where is your girlfriend? Melon, right?"

"Nah, she is history. I am dating Kim now a days. And she was busy."

"Since when are you dating this girl?"

"Almost 4 months."

"Ah! 2 more months and she will be history as well huh?"

"What can I say, I bounce back from clinginess" I winked

"Hahaha. Yeah, as far as I remember, 6 months is the highest record set till date. Who was it?"

"A guy from the soccer team, Louis. Your friend, remember?"

"Louis! Yes, poor guy. You left him heartbroken dude."

"No, we decided to split. It was a different case. Anyway, why talk about me? It's your big day. How are you feeling?"

"Can't comprehend. I am too happy to be true. But I know that New isn't very convinced with the idea. I had very hard time convincing him to get married without our families involved. I just hope everything goes fine."

"Yes I remember you said he is very attached to his folks. Well, anyway, it's a happy day. Let's party hard tonight." We clinked our juice glasses.

Nanon's POV:

I am still in shock as to how brave Tay can be. And how convincing. He convinced my friend New to marry without his family's approval. I mean I know New since kindergarten. We are neighbors. His family is as traditional as mine. And he is too attached to them. But I guess love speaks louder than anything. I am happy for him too. Tay was his first love and now he is getting married to him. What more can we expect for a perfect happy ending? Seeing him smile like this, makes me happy.

"Thanks for coming Non. I can't trust many people for signing as witness." New pulled me in a hug.

"Of course. I understand dude. We practically grew up together. I know how difficult it would have been."

"Did you check in?"

"Yeah. All the formalities done. Thanks for sending the cab. I could have managed though."