Chapter 23 - The Apology

Nanon's POV:

It's been a few days that I haven't received any call or replies to my texts from Ohm. I had called Aim and she told me that Ohm is constantly in office. Niran said that Ohm doesn't want to talk to anyone. He hardly talks to them too.

I just received one text from him saying, 'I'll call you soon. – Ohm'

This was enough for me to calm down and not to think of extreme scenarios.

I even talked to dad last night about my relationship with Ohm but he just said that he will think about it. Chimon took me out and has been spending time with me playing sports and singing with my guitar to divert my mind. But I was constantly thinking about Ohm.

In a very short time, I know him too well. Maybe because we have seen each other in worst scenarios and in our vulnerable states. And I know he isn't ok right now. He is sad. He is alone. And I want to be there for him.

"Mom..." I walked into her room where she was rearranging her cupboard.

"Non, come in." she beamed as usual.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

"Oh no. I am doing this to pass my time anyway."

I smiled and then hesitatingly asked. "Mom, what do you think about Ohm?"

She turned to look at me. Her expressions serious.

"Well, he is handsome." She smiled now.

"Huh?" I looked at her amused.

"What? I mean it. He is the most handsome man I have met in ages. After my sons of course."

I chuckled.

"Oh look at you blushing..." she said pinching my cheeks.

"Mom please."

She laughed.

"Then, why did you..."

"Not forgive him? You recently got married now right?"

I nodded.

"When your partner is upset with someone, but you don't care for their feelings, that upsets them more."

"Oh! I see."

"Non, I am sure your dad will forgive him." Mom said patting my back.

I looked down sadly thinking whether it can happen soon or not.

"Mom he is trying to apologize to him. But..."

"I know, but you think about it too. You were insulted on national television. Our family's reputation was ruined. And our neighbors still look at us like we framed him."

I nodded processing what she meant. A simple apology may not be enough to undo the mass defamation. And if at all this is going to be resolved, it will only be with time. After few months or years maybe, when people will forget about it.

"Sorry..." I said looking down.

"Awww my baby. You don't need to be sorry. Just give your father some time. He is satisfied that you did not go back to stay with him. At least not till your dad forgives him. It makes him feel that you chose our family over him."

"I know... But he is my family too."

Mom smiled at me and hugged me. "My son is so in love." She kissed my forehead. "Time will heal everything."

"Non... Nanon..." Chimon called and came running. "Come fast." He said and ran away.

Mom and I exchanged glances before running after him.