Chapter 22 - Frustration

Ohm's POV:

"Meeting at home?" Drake asked looking at me from his reading glasses, a pen in hand to take notes in his notepad.

"Check." Chimon replied with a sad face.

"Status?" Aim asked.

"Failure. Big time." Jimmy replied.

"What happened exactly?" Niran asked me while I was senselessly sipping my ice tea.

I looked at him and then looked away.

Nanon smirked. "I'll tell you." He said rubbing my back to comfort me.

"'Mr. Ohm Pawat! If it is unclear to you, do you want me to call the cops?' is what my dad said while banging the door on his face." Nanon chuckled.

"Awww my poor brother." Niran said teasing me caressing my hair and then giggled. He high-fived Nanon and if I wasn't disheartened enough to be so quite, I would have smacked him.

"Meeting at his farm?" Drake jotted a new point.

"Check." Chimon said stuffing the croissant in his mouth.

"Status please?" Aim asked.

"Another big failure." Jimmy shook his head sneering.

"Woah! Now what?" Niran asked me raising his eyebrow.

"The guards didn't even allow him inside." Nanon said pulling me on to his shoulder and patting my head.

Everybody looked at each other before shrugging.

"Meeting the mother-in-law?" Drake jotted yet again.

"Check."

"Please tell me that went well." Aim said.

"Better than previous two scenarios." Jimmy said giving me a thumbs up.

"But she said she doesn't hate him. But she can't forgive him before my dad does." Nanon said pouting.

"Phew. Though it is better than been shooed away by the guards, right?" Niran said patting my shoulder.

"Ok, next point." Drake said.

"Hey!!!" I snapped. And everyone turned to look at me. "What the hell is this? Are you guys helping me or preparing a list of my failures?"

"Of course we are helping you. We need to know what all we have tried so far. So we can come up with new ideas." Aim said.

"Exactly." Drake chimed in. "Dude you need our help. On your own, you could not even get your father-in-law to talk to you face to face."

"If I were dad, I wouldn't either." Chimon grimaced getting on my nerves.

"Don't be disheartened. Dad forgave me too." Nanon said trying to comfort me.

"After 10 years." Jimmy added much to my irritation.

"Ok guys. Enough. We need to come up with a plan." Niran said and they all started thinking.

Nanon held my hand and squeezed it once giving me a comforting smile. We were at a café all together trying to think of how I can convince my father-in-law to accept me. This has become our regular spot. We are meeting third time in this week here. When we met, I told them what I was planning next and they gave me suggestions for improving the plan. But all my ideas have failed so far.

We are married. And no one can stop us from being together if we want. But while my father has left the country after telling me to not contact him, Nanon has recently reconciled with his father. At least he has his family's support. And I don't want him to lose it.