Chapter 6 - Confrontation

Ohm's POV:

In brown jacket, blue and white stripped t-shirt and coffee pants came the guy I was waiting for. With his backpack on a shoulder and mobile in the other hand he entered the cabin. From 5 feet afar I could smell him. It was the same scent that I remember from the last time. The warm scent that makes me feel at ease. But that gets me worked up at the same time. It's weird how I remember this guy's scent. It's the first time I have noticed such things in someone. Like how his dimple is visible even when he is just looking around taking in my cabin view.

He then looked at me and his expressions went blank. I always thought I am good at reading people, but with him, I don't know what is going on in that head ever.

How shall I greet him? The way I greet others who come to meet me here?

"Welcome to Pawat Manufacturers." I said in as formal tone as possible. Given the situation, it was hard to smile but I tried and it turned out in grimace.

His expression shifted and he smirked at me.

"I am not here for a business meeting."

Yeah, I messed up first thing here.

"Uhm... Have a seat then." I tried to be formal again.

"Thanks" he said blankly.

Maintaining his expression, he put down his backpack on the other chair and took a seat in front of me.

"Long time, no see." I said now with a smile. I am feeling funny here. It's all too dramatic how we two are sitting here in front of each other after all that happened.

"I didn't wish to see you again in the first place." He replied sarcastically.

"Ow! Then why bother?" I asked playing along the sarcasm raising my eyebrow.

"You know what? Someone spiked my drink back in Vegas and that led me to sign a few papers unknowingly and here I am... bothered as hell."

"Trust me, if I knew that spiking your drink is going to result in this, I would have kept my distance from you from the very first instance I saw you."

"That would have been the best thing."

"Can't deny that."

We gave each other icy glare for a while. But then he started fidgeting. Like he was losing his cool. I guess the volcano can blast anytime.

"Do you need something to drink?" I asked to calm him.

He banged his hand on the table. "Asshole!" he snapped and got up.

"Hey!" I got up too. How dare he call me that in my own office?

"You mother**ker! What do you expect us to do now? Am I supposed to have a Hi-Tea party with you here? Huh?"

"Really? I was just being courteous."

"Courtesy! Such words coming from you? Are you sure you even know how to be human?"

"Hey, you better watch it. You are in my company right now."

"So?"

So? He is asking me so? Bloody low life photographer.

"How shall I explain to a naïve kid like you? It's like I am the king of this jungle. One roar, and they will kick you out."

He laughed hard.

"Roar? Are you referring to Lion King! With you it's more like kingdom of Apes!" he trolled me.

"How dare you!"