Chapter 20 I Want You Too Listen

Start from the beginning

"Just imagine what he's going to say when he finds out you're pregnant," Eddie whispers, sipping some water.

"Really... well that's why we aren't going to tell him."

"Uhuh." Eddie looks at his head in a sarcastic way. "He even gave you a lecture, remember?"

"Which one there was like 15... come on you know how he was, drunk a lot so i don't know which one youre talking about." I looked at Gracie, surprise in my eyes.

"Look." Eddie walks over to Gracie and puts his hand on her shoulder, "If this is the man you want to be with and as long as he isn't crazy and dumb and stupid to leave you with a child, I will support your choice though Venom doesn't really like him. You might have to find a way to persuade him." He smirks.

"Oh a piece of cake Venom loves me!!!"

"But he doesn't love your man." Eddie stares at me.

"Hehe." I chuckle a nervous laugh.

"I mean I get it" Gracie said looking at me and smiling, obviously joking.

"Haha, funny." I cross my arms. "Listen up Venom! I have three movies! Three! You can't compete with that! Plus, Disney is thinking about a fourth! Beat that!" People in the room just stared at me.

"Dad?" Avery looked at me, "Movie?"

"I swear he speaks a different language," Cayden whispers.

"Yeah that's why he doesn't like you babe." Gracie crossed her arms, laughing, then I heard her mumble under her breath. "Este hombre está muy loco."

"Gracie, I don't speak no Taco Bell." I smile.

"Yeah that's the point, estúpido"

"She means you're crazy." Cayden points out in which everyone turns their focus on him. "What? I learned how to speak Spanish years ago and kept up with it."

"You know spanish.... Huh okay."

"Si." he nods his head. "I'm trying to learn German too."

"Muy buen." she said, shaking her head in approval.

"So what's the plan? We can't stay here forever." Cayden stood up straight.

"It's true. I don't think my dad will like Gracie here with my boyfriend."

"If you need a place, I have an apartment in San Francisco." Eddie points out, "It's a little trashed up because Venom and I had an argument and it got heated."

"Well, i'm thinking I will have to stay here for a lot longer than expected, we can't go back to Canada cause someone messed that up," Gracie said glaring at Cayden.

"I know a couple of friends," I said. "Cayden, how's your Russian?"

"Uh... Not the greatest but I know a little. Whatever for?"

"Братан." Gracie said, "Nah, I'm just kidding, I only know that."

"Who do you know that's Russian?" Avery questions.

"Well Bucky... taught me a few words."

"Uhuh." I glare at her, "To answer your question, an old friend. He's probably going to kill me but I have a healing-"

"Healing factor, yes we know." Gracie rolls her eyes. "And why are you glaring at me? Is it because of Bucky?"

"You talk about him like you miss him." I fold my arms across my chest.

"Wow you dont know a bloody thing about women." She said storming into her room.

"Daddy." Avery whispered. "Women get attached to a lover. Look at Cayden and I. I haven't moved to another man because I love him and I'm attached. Another thing is she wouldn't leave you if she wanted to." I didn't quite understand that part.

"Explain."

"You guys both had, you know, and that is kind of like a bond. Plus you guys have a baby. She still loves Bucky but loves you more, I guess. It's kind of hard to figure her out." Avery smiles.

"THIS GIRL GETS IT!" Gracie yelled from her room.

"I haven't been in a relationship in a long time Gracie! I don't know a lot of things! I just know what it looks like from the outside world!"

"Look when you love someone, that love never leaves, you just care for them in a different way. It's like you still love nessa right?" Gracie said walking out of her room.

"That's why you get a heart attack when you lose someone you love." Avery points out.

"Vanessa..." I look away. "I tried to bury her out of my life."

"Plus I didn't expect to fall this hard, after breaking up with Bucky, but I'm not going to pretend that didn't happen, because it did and I can't do anything about it. We broke up over the most stupid thing too!! Over kids! I wanted them and he didn't..." Tears filled the brim of her eyes.

"Well, you have a kid now." I pointed at her stomach. "That came as a surprise." I walked closer to her and put my hands around her waist. "I don't want to make the same mistakes twice. When I say stay, I mean it. I don't want to lose you or the kid."

"This is a whole telenovela," Eddie said, munching on some popcorn. We all stopped to look at Eddie.

"No kindin." Cayden grabs some of his popcorn.