Chapter 18 I Can't Believe Him

Start from the beginning

"I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH YOU!"

"I think it's good that you stayed. Cayden could have killed you. Lucky for me I have a healing factor."

"What now?!" I asked, a little scared.

"Well, have I ever talked about moving...?" We all stared at him. "What?"

"I know a place in New york.." Gracie said

"NO!" the room went silent, "Anywhere but New York. I can't stand that place."

"Fine, if you don't want to go, that's fine, but I'm going to make sure Ave and Cayden are okay."

Cayden and I looked at each other, "What about our schooling? I wanted to finish up my Junior and Senior year here."

"Forget about that and you can take online schooling. It works with colleges and high schools." Dad shrugged.Gracie pulled out a weird ring again and put it on.

"Are you coming with us wade?"

I could tell he wasn't happy, "Fine, but we got to do a road trip montage scene!"

"No, I'm okay" She said and started moving her hand in a circle and sparks."

"Well, it's up to the writer. She controls what happens."

"Again with the writer!" I whined.

Interesting idea Wade. Mmm.

What do you want to do Kiri?

I've always seen those classic movies where they all yell no and then the camera moves to them in the car all upset and the road trip music is playing.

That's actually really funny, let's do it.

Thanks Wade for the idea!

Hehehehe! I get my way a lot.

***

We took Cayden's mom's car and brought things we needed like clothing, money, food, lectronics, and other things. I could hear my dad in shotgun muttering nonsense. Gracie and I sat in the back and Cayden drove. "It's going to be a long drive from Vancouver to New York. We might have to pull all nighters. Plus, I don't know if the police have put us on the wanted list." Cayden looked in the mirror.

"We should have just gone my way. It would have been faster and safer." Gracie said looking out the window. I put my air-pods in my ears trying to block out the noise. I was scared. I didn't know what was going to happen next in my life or Gracie. She just found out that she was pregnant and we were already moving. My dad was a wreck. I mean that literally. His missing leg and arm were growing back slowly. Then there was Cayden. He's a mess as well. I didn't know what was going on inside his head but I knew there was anger in him. He would always talk about how the Chief helped in with this or taught him something new. He thought of him as a father that he's always wanted. To be labeled a criminal was the last thing that he wanted to be. I looked out the window as we drove through the streets trying to avoid any contact with the police. I wanted to talk with Gracie about something but we were stuck with Cayden and dad. I pushed my phone over to her and pulled out the contact info. I wanted to text her. She nodded her head and placed the numbers into the missing spots.

Ave:

How are you doing?

Gracie:

Not awesome.

Ave:

Any pain in your stomach?

Gracie:

No, I just don't feel good.