Chapter 8 Girls Are Sometimes A Pain

Start from the beginning

"Fine! Fine fine fine fine fine... FINE!" I jump out of the tree house with a superhero landing. "This way."

"See still getting the vibe that you don't want to help.."

"I'm not going to help you but I know someone who can." I start walking through the park with Gracie tagging alongside.

"You know even though I haven't seen your face.. This is going to sound weird, but you give me 'im hot' vibes..." She said almost laughing.

I turned around to face her, "You could say Ryan Reynolds was voted the sexiest man alive so there's your answer." I turn back around.

"Ummm, that went to Paul Rudd this year." I knew that she was just trying to pick a fight.

I turn around once more, "A few years ago." I turn my back for the final time. "We're almost there so quit your whining."

"I'm not whining."

I ignore her remark when we reach the building I was looking for. This is going to kill her. I laugh to myself. The Police Station. "You did not..." her face sunch.

"Oh yes I did." I walked around the street like the cars weren't even zooming by. "I have a friend I want you to meet."

"I hate you."

"I know." I shrug. I push the doors open. She looked terrified and stood at the front door, crossed her arms and didn't move. "Well come on!" I urged her forwards. "They're the police, they don't bite."

"They're going to think I'm crazy.. I think you think I'm crazy."

"Not the kid I'm taking you to." I walked to the front desk suit and all, "I'm looking for Cayden, the rookie. Have you seen him by any chance?"

The man stared at me with a weird look, "That depends. Who's asking?"

"Well you friendly neighborhood Deadpool of course!"

"Pffttt...Man you're trying too hard." Gracie said, laughing and putting her hand on my shoulder.

"That wasn't supposed to be funny." I turned to Gracie, "You couldn't do any better. You're the one who's afraid of walking into a Police Station so please, let me do my job. Okay?"

"You're right, I'm sorry." She said putting her hood up and looking down.

"Cayden's in the back room. I don't want any funny business in there. I'm already breaking the rules talking to... Whatever you are." The desk guy went back to his computer as I walked into the back room.

"Cayden." I whisper in a creepy voice, "Come out to play."

"That's a little creepy." Gracie said laughing.

"Do you just judge everything I do?" I said sarcastically.

"Of course not, I just have to comment on everything that everyone does. It's who I am."

"Uhuh. Maybe you should work as a judge so then you can really comment on people's actions."

"Well I was thinking more of a sports announcer." she said, nodding with a big smile.

I squinted my eyes at her, "Well played."

"Deadpool?" a young male's voice spoke from behind. Gracie gave a little squeal turning around and almost hitting the man's chest. Her cheeks turned red.

"Oh I'm so sorry. You scared me!"

"I feel as if I should be the one to apologize for scaring you." he smiled at her then looked at me, "Can I help you with something?"

"A matter of fact, we do." He looked down the halls both ways making sure no one was looking at us.

"Come with me." His office was small and beige. A few files were hanging around his desk and there was a small picture of him and Ave sitting on his desk. Gracie smiled and walked over and picked up the picture.

"You know Avery?" Gracie looked at Cayden.

He rubbed his head looking at me in case he stepped out of line, "Yeah, you could say that."

"You two are super cute!" Both of us looked at each other then at Gracie. "What?"

"Um, oh! I'm sorry for not saying this earlier. I'm Cayden." he holds out his hand, "A pleasure to meet you Miss..."

"Waite.. But you can just call me Gracie." She said, shaking his hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Gracie and I'm guessing you know this man." he points at me.

"Not really, I needed help when I met Avery and she took me to this guy and he took me here. He says that you can help me get back to my time."

"Time?" he puts his hand on his chin, thinking.

"She's from our world just a different time. She's ahead of us, meaning she can still be found in this reality just younger and more annoying." I explained.

"Yeah that's true. I think I would be about.. Wait, what year is it?"

"Use your eyes and look around at the calendar hanging over there!" I made my fingers into round circles and put them over my eyes.

"Oh goodness okay.... Well I would be about 17 right now... and I would be at my dad's house."

"A year older than Ave." Cayden whispered to himself.

"This would be the first time I umm nevermind." Gracie's face turned red as she rubbed the back of her neck. Cayden and I looked at her as we raised our eyebrows. "WAIT NO! NOT THAT!"

"I don't think we are on the same page." Cayden said, "I was thinking first kiss and Deadpool was thinking about pancakes or something."

"Well.... Cayden you would be right well with Bucky.. Deadpool clear your mind out of the gutter gosh!"

"I was literally thinking of pancakes! It's my favorite food! Cayden knows I talk about pancakes and chimichangas."

"Please don't get him started on that again. I've listened to a whole lecture in the hospital on pancakes and chimichangas." Cayden planted his hand in his face.

"Okay whatever.. I still have no idea how I even got here. I don't know how to get back."

"Well if we need you to go back to your time then you need a time machine. Deadpool?" He looked at me. Gracie plamed her forehead.

"That's not how it works! Do you even know how to time travel?"

"Yeah, Back to the Future is a bunch of crap, we heard it from Ant-Man. Crap? AGAIN?!"

"You know Scott?" Her face was more confused.

"Let's just say, I know everything. Even you. I just don't care." I waved my hands.

"Wait, you know everything about me! Like everything?"

"Let's play that back in slow motion shall we... E... V.... E.... R... Y.... T... H.... I... N... G!"

"Well then you would think that Justian would be trying to get me at this point in time."

"Yes but like I said, I don't care. I only care about me, myself, and I. Oh and Avery."

"Oh okay. Justian."

"Justian?" Cayden looks at her, "Bad relationship I'm guessing."

"Really really bad, as in he roofied me and took advantage of me."She said flatly.

I start at the ground trying to avoid conversation. "I understand that." Cayden nodded his head.

"Let's not get emotional! We have a job to do!" I clap my hands.

"I'm not getting emotional. If anyone gets emotional it's you. Well, I think you can leave now since you don't want to be here, thank you for being here."

"I leave you in the hands of Cayden. Goodbye." I walk off.