Celebrations

We watch the end of the game, and when the referee whistles, we go to our friends. I am walking with Alexia, and we turn to the stand seeing her family jumping like crazy people. I smile widely because my family couldn't come, but at least I'll have people to go to afterwards. As we join our team, I see Virginia and Mapi hugging, I wait for them to end their moment to congratulate my friend. She turns to me, and my eyes water almost immediately.

"Oh, no." She hugs me immediately. "You can't cry, not you, I know you get emotional for this type of shit, but it's a happy day, my friend."

"I've missed you so much on the pitch, you deserve so much happiness." I tell her and she sobs against my shoulder. "See, you're the one crying."

"Shut up, let me hug your girl, she is better than you." Virginia hits my shoulder playfully, and hugs Alexia.

I watch them talk but I don't want to listen, so I take a step back greeting Ana, who is still injured. After Virigina and Alexia talk, our teammates decide to celebrate with Virginia and they send her in the air. Then, they all hug her and talk to her. I take a step back and talk with Lieke.

"I told you, this was the best move for you." Lieke whispers with her arm around my shoulder.

"Remind me to always listen to you." I chuckle and we keep talking.

After a while, it's time for the trophy lifting. Alexia goes to the stand to receive it. While Alexia is gone, we gather with the girls, and we all give the medal to our next teammate. I'm between Patri and Jana, so I watch Leila putting her medal around Patri's neck, and I make a teasing comment making all the girls laugh except Patri who fakes avoiding me with her medal, going straight to Jana. I look at her with a hurt face making her laugh loudly.

"Kidding." She winks at me. "This is the first of a long list of medals, Worldie, take care of it."

"Thank you, my friend." I lift her from the ground, then I turn to Jana who is over excited. "You child."

"Ehhhh." Jana pouts. "Give it to me." She makes a funny face.

"There you go." I chuckle and put the medal around her neck.

Then, we all go to the celebration area, and wait for Alexia. Once she arrives with the trophy, Andrea gives her the medal, and they come to us. I try to take it all in, to appreciate every second of it. Alexia lifts the trophy in front of us, and we all jump. I missed that feeling, it reminds me of Lyon, and of my friends at the time. I look around me, new people, new family, but same awesome feeling.

We walk around the stadium to see our families and friends. I am walking alone, trying to realize and once we arrive near Alexia's family, I watch her go and Mapi walks to me.

"Why don't you go?" She asks.

"Should I?" I wonder and she chuckles.

"Of course, silly." Mapi hugs me. "It's our family too, now. Alba wants you to go there."

"Let's go, then." I smile and we walk to the stand.

I arrive and Mapi lets me go first.

"Vic!" Alba shouts with tears all over her face. "You did so good!"

"Thank you, Alba." I say in her strong embrace.

"How's the shoulder? Are you hurt?" She worriedly wonders.

"No, don't worry, it's fine, I'll survive." I chuckle and Eli calls me.

I walk to the older woman, and she gives me a big mom hug.

"Your family must be so proud at home." She says and kisses my forehead. "I bet they watched it. And Alexia is proud too, be sure about that."

"I hope." I smile and hug her one more time.

I quickly feel two arms around my shoulders bringing me closer. I recognize Alexia's scent and turn around hugging her tightly. She whispers some sweet words in my ear, and I bury my face in her neck. We end our moment by agreeing we'll have fun tonight.

The night arrives quickly, and I must go to the physio for my shoulder. I know I am going to be late to the party, but Alexia has to go too, so I don't mind that much. As Alexia is having her appointment, I'm waiting with Jennifer.

"Feeling any better?" I ask and she nods.

"Yes, we've talked things out with Ale, and we won a title." She smiles. "Everything is fine, Worldie."

"I'm glad to hear about it." I wink at her, and she checks my hand.

"I've heard you told Ale about everything." She smiles. "It was the best decision."

"I feel so much better, now." I confess. "And she understands it's in the past, so we're all good."

"She really loves you, you know?" Jennifer admits. "Don't mess with her heart."

"I know, and I won't. I promise." I smile to my friend. "I really love her too."

"You'll invite me to the wedding, right?" Jennifer chuckles and the physio door opens.

"Verdict?" I ask.

"I have to rest for a week minimum..." Alexia sighs.

"It'll be good for you." Jennifer states and goes to the physio leaving us alone.

Alexia sits heavily on a chair and sighs. She looks down and I decide to walk to her, sitting on her lap. First, she is a bit surprised, but quickly enough she wraps her arms around my waist.

"Don't be mad." I whisper caressing her cheek. "You'll be back fast enough. Enjoy your rest and heal."

"I don't like being away from the team." She sighs.

"You'll be right here with us, in the locker room, in the stand. You won't be far from us." I state.

"You're right..." She nods and hugs me tightly. "Do you think you can switch rooms with Jenni just for tonight?"

"I'll have to ask her, but she'll be fine with that." I chuckle. "Do you need some cuddles?"

"I need you in my arms, to hold you like it's the last night, to show you how much I care about you and mainly I need you to feel how much I love you." She whispers in my ear, and I shiver. "Seems like you're up for it." She caresses my arms softly.

"Dangerously up for it." I nod and lean in stopping really close to her lips. "But don't tease me too much, you won't like that."

"I promise, we'll keep it easy and simple, my love." She ghosts my lips. "No teasing, just pleasing."

She closes the gap between our lips, and we kiss passionately for a moment before we hear someone chuckle behind us.

"You can have the room tonight, Ale." Jennifer smirks widely. "I don't want to witness anymore of this."

"Oh, fuck off, Hermoso." Ale shows her her middle finger and I laugh.

"Keep that for tonight, babe." I smirk and she blushes.

"Have fun, loves." Jennifer chuckles. "Vic, the physio is waiting for you."

"Fine." I sigh, and kiss Alexia one more time.

Then, I jump off her lap and walk to the physio office. I turn my head back to Alexia just to see her checking me out and I laugh.

"All mine tonight." She points at me with a devilish look on her face.

"All yours." I nod and close the door behind me.