Love And Happiness

The night has started smoothly, we are all talking and laughing at some old memories. Lieke teases me a lot about Alexia, and she sends videos of me to my girlfriend. I know this is going to make Alexia stay up all night to be sure I'm not getting too drunk without her.

"Worldie!" Daan screams. "Come on, dance with Jill and I."

I walk to my friends, and we start to dance. We are like that crazy trio together, but we always have a good laugh. At some point, I jump on Jill's back, and Daan side hugs us. Lieke takes a photo of us and posts it on Instagram.

I keep dancing with Jill without noticing my phone buzzing like a crazy thing.

"Meisje, your phone, fucking hell." Shanice shouts from the kitchen.

"What's up?" I slowly get where she is.

"People are getting crazy over your picture." Shanice chuckles and gives me my phone.

(Imagine Jill being in the middle, Victoria on her back and Daan on the right)

Liked by jillroord, jennihermoso and 132,429 others
liekemartens you won't find crazier people than them 🤪 I love my friends ❤️

jillroord I love us ❤️
jennihermoso ooooh pretty girls around here 😍😈
svandesanden didn't know you guys were so funny 😂 I would have sticked around 🤩
daniellevddonk @svandesanden you were invited but you wanted to stay with Viv 🙄
viviannemiedema no wonder why 😌 you guys are so loud 🤪
victoriachamberlain the louder the better 😏 Dutch looks good on me 😇
liekemartens @victoriachamberlain better than Spanish that's for sure 😏😂

I laugh at it all and go back to the party. After an hour, as we are playing alcohol games, Lieke calls me next to her. I manage to get to her with difficulty since I'm awfully drunk.

"Oh God, babe..." I hear Alexia's voice and I look at Lieke's phone taking it in my hands.

"Oh, morning, love." I smile sheepishly looking at my beautiful girlfriend. "Did you sleep well?"

"It's only 5 in the morning, I haven't slept yet." She informs me.

"But, why?" I pout.

"Can't you guess?" She rolls her eyes.

"No need to worry, baby girl." I smirk. "I won't do anything bad. I'm not like that."

"Perfect, I believe you, but stop drinking for tonight, will you?" She smiles.

"Yes, ma'am." I fake to salute like a soldier. "Did I tell you how beautiful you were in that silver dress yesterday?" I ask.

"Yes, love, but it is still nice to hear." She giggles.

"I wish I was there to proudly walk you down the carpet." I state.

"Maybe next time?" She offers and I smile brightly.

"It would be my pleasure." I nod.

"Okay, babes, enough." Lieke takes back her phone. "Let us have fun."

"Good night, my love." I kiss the camera.

"Good night." She ends on a laugh, and I smile widely.

"So in love." Jill chuckles and side hugs me. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you, sister. It means a lot." I kiss her cheek and hug her too.

December 31st, 2021, Barcelona

We arrived at my apartment two hours ago. Shanice is getting ready, Lieke is cooking with Leila and Aitana, Mapi and Jill are playing video games and Patri is at the store to get what we need for tonight. I'm on my balcony, looking at the view, when my phone rings.

"Hey, love." Alexia's tan face appears on my phone.

"Damn, babe, you've tanned up." I smile widely. "You look stunning."

"Thank you." She blushes a bit. "How is everything going?"

"Well, it's only 2pm here, so we are getting ready slowly, except Shanice... she is already in the bathroom..." I laugh a bit.

"That girl..." Alexia giggles.

"What about you?" I wonder. "What are you doing tonight?"

"We don't know yet." She shrugs. "Alba is not in the mood to party that much, we might just stay here and have a family night."

"Sounds fun, though." I send her a smile. "What time is it in Dubai?"

"5pm, something like that." She mindlessly answers.

"Ale!" Alba shouts. "Let's go!"

"Oh." Alexia seems to panic a bit but cover it well. "I guess she found something to do finally. I'll call you later, beautiful. If my phone dies, I wish you a Happy New Year, I can't wait to spend every moment of it with you, my love."

"I hope it won't, it'll be hard enough being away from you." I pout. "But Happy New Year too, baby. I can't wait to see what this next year is going to bring us."

"Love and Happiness!" Leila shouts behind me.

"Wouldn't say any better." Alexia smiles and sends me a kiss. "Have fun, babe."

"You too."

We hang up and I go back to my friends.

"What are they doing?" Mapi wonders.

"No idea, Alba chose." I laugh a bit.

"Can't be good." Lieke joins me.

"Eh, guys!" Aitana yells. "It's time for our announcement."

We watch our phones as the official Twitter account of the club finally reveals the great news. They have made a beautiful video, mixing Aitana's highlights and mines. At the end, the 2025 appears behind us both and the sentence "The Future is ours." follows.

"This is great." Aitana hugs me. "I can't wait to play with you."

"Welcome to Barcelona, Worldie." Leila joins the hug. "This is going to be fire."

"And suddenly, I don't want to face you guys ever." Jill jokes and smiles at me. "Well done, bestie, go kick some asses now."

We talk a bit more, and at 5pm, everyone goes home to get ready except Shanice and Jill, who are staying at my apartment.