No More Stupid Behavior

Once we arrive in the living-room, I can read on Alexia's face there is something going on. Alba comes back from the balcony, and I can understand they had been fighting. Alba sends me a defeated smile and I frown sitting next to Alexia. I put my hand on her thigh gently, but she sends me a glare that makes me regret it immediately.

"Great." I sigh and put my hand back on my own leg.

After a minute or two, I feel Alexia's hand bringing mine back to her leg and she intertwines our fingers playing with one of my rings nervously. I try to look at her, but nothing. She is just listening to something her mother is telling us. Once we finish the meal, Eli starts to ask me questions about Lyon, and I am happy to tell her all about it.

"What is it like to win four Champions League in four years?" Eli wonders.

"Well, it doesn't get old, I wish I could win it every year." I smile. "The thing with our team at the time was we knew we were going to win, no matter what, no matter who was on the field. We trusted each other so much, I hope we can get there with Barcelona too."

"It must be amazing." Alba smiles at me. "Having people you can TRUST on and off the field." She directly looks at Alexia.

"It makes things easier..." I agree knowing what Alba wants to say.

"Okay." Alexia stands up letting go of my hand. "María, come with me."

Alba's eyes go wider but Mapi sends her a reassuring smile. They both walk to the balcony and Eli invites Alba and I to sit back to the couch as she is going to prepare desserts. I see Alba looking at the window trying to guess what Mapi and Alexia are arguing about.

"Don't be scared." I make her look at me. "Alexia will understand."

"I hope, I just don't get why she is like this." Alba sighs.

"Mapi is her friend since forever, she knows exactly what she used to do with other girls, and for what I know, it wasn't pretty." I explain. "But I've seen Mapi change already, she is ready for love, you might be the one for her, so it'll take time, but Alexia is going to understand."

"You know, I wanted to scare you a bit tonight, having that sister speech I've always thought I'll give to the one Alexia was going to bring home the first time." Alba chuckles. "But clearly, it's a speech I will give to her instead. She can't mess things up with you."

"Oh, really?" I laugh a bit surprised.

"Yes, if she is going to make anyone enter the family, it better be you, or I'll treat all the others the way she is treating Mapi right now, and worse." Alba clenches her jaw. "But be careful with her, will you? She is still the best sister I can ask for, and I don't want her to suffer."

"I'll try my best, I promise." I smile and she puts her head on my shoulder.

"That's a sight I love to see." Eli walks back with desserts in her hands.

"You're not the only one..." We hear Alexia's voice behind us.

Alexia's POV

"Don't you see it, Ale?" María is almost crying right now. "I'm head over heels for your sister. It's killing me inside to know you don't think I am good enough for her. You are my friend, you are like a sister after all these years, and I totally get that you are scared I keep playing, but I won't. I love her, Ale, why can't you see it?"

I lean against the wall, letting myself sink to the ground, and sigh loudly. Seeing my friend so miserable because of me hurts really bad. I know I would trust her with my life on and off the pitch, but when it comes to my sister's heart, it is so much harder.

"I'm sorry, Mapi..." I confess. "I know it's hard for you, and I trust you, really. But Alba suffered so much recently, between her one-night stands and the people who wanted to be with her because of me... I feel guilty for letting her go through so much pain. I guess it is just a way to make it up to her, but it is unfair to you..."

"She told me about everything, and she doesn't think it's your fault." She states and sits next to me. "I'm trying hard to make her happy again, and I need you to trust me on that."

"I do." I say and extend my hand to her. "No more stupid behavior, I promise."

"Thank you." She breathes out happily and checks my hand. "What about you and Victoria? How is that going?"

"Surprisingly, very well." I confess. "I'm not my usual closed and only football-focused self when I am around her, she makes me really happy."

"It shows, you smile a lot more now." María chuckles and I hit her leg. "Seriously though, you chose a great one. No wonder why you were so obsessed with her during those past three years."

"I wasn't obsessed...." I roll my eyes, and she raises her eyebrows. "Maybe a little, okay? She is just so great, look at her." We look at Victoria and Alba talking on the couch.

"Mind if we go back to our girls?" She wonders and I nod.

We enter the living room and I see Alba putting her head on Victoria's shoulder. I smile at the sight and Mom makes a sweet comment.

"That's a sight I love to see." Mom looks at them happily.

"You're not the only one..." I state with a smile.

"Did you guys talk?" Alba wonders.

"We're good." María smiles and side hugs me.

"Perfect." My sister walks to me and her girlfriend hugging us both. "Thank you."

They go to the table and sit to eat the desserts. Victoria walks to me with a proud smile. She wraps her arms around my waist and puts her head in my neck kissing it softly. I shiver a bit and put my arm around her neck hugging her.

"I'm proud of you, babe." She whispers.

"Thank you." I kiss her temple and look at her.

"What?" She chuckles with an adorable face.

"I love you." I state and she smiles.

"I love you too." She kisses me and we join my family for the rest of the night.