Love Birds

"Aren't you cold?" I wonder as the cold hits my face.

"Not really, and since we're going to cuddle, I won't be cold at all." She smirks sitting on a long chair. "Come here."

"I love that." I say as I sit between her legs, my back against her chest and her arms wrapped around me.

"So do I." She hums and kisses my neck softly. "Damn, I needed you by my side."

"Is that for real?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Yes, I didn't realize I could miss someone that much." She admits. "I'm glad you came."

"I'm a Barcelona player, now." I state. "I need to be there with you, and my teammates."

"Aren't you scared?" She whispers as if she is asking for herself.

"Of what?" I turn my head to her, and she looks at the horizon.

"What people will think, how it can become in the locker room, what could happen if we don't manage to make this work..."

"Why is this scaring you?" I softly caress her cheek.

"I don't want to mess up anything, either with you, the club, the fans, my family..." Alexia looks down.

"Don't pressure yourself that much, love." I lift her chin gently. "It's not going to be easy, we both know that, but it is the best way for us to grow together. We are both professionals, we know what we want, how we want it and mainly, we are aware of the potential problems. I feel pretty secure about how this is going to work."

"See, when I told you I needed you, this is exactly why." She kisses my cheek and I put my head back in her neck.

"Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?" I wonder.

"Christmas and New Year's Eve?" She sighs.

"What about it?" I chuckle.

"What did you plan?" She seems anxious.

"Well, Christmas in Liverpool with my family, we're going to see Alex play against Leeds if the game is not postponed, then I'm going to see Jill in her hometown, we'll spend a couple days there to see Daan and Viv, and after that we're coming back here on the 30th or 31st to party with Leila, Patri, Aitana, Lieke and the girls." I tell her. "What about you?"

"I'm going to Dubai for the Globe Soccer Awards ceremony. Coming back on the 31st or 1st, still not sure." She answers coldly.

"Okay, what's up?" I turn my body so I can face her. "Talk to me."

"I wanted to spend time with you, and obviously I've planned my thing and you, yours." She looks at her hands. "And I've tried to convince my sister to take you with us or to come back earlier so I can see you, but we started to fight and now, I feel dumb."

"Look at me." I chuckle a bit. "That's the cutest thing you've ever admitted to me."

"Don't laugh at me." She pouts.

"I'm not." I smile. "I mean it. Of course, I want to spend time with you, and I would love to have you by my side for New Year's Eve, so we can start the year together, as a new life, a new love. But you need your family time, you know it. So, you're going to enjoy Dubai as much as you can, come back here ready to face me and my love, and we'll be happy."

"Sounds good to me." She chuckles and takes my head in her hands gently caressing my cheeks. "I'm so lucky to have you with me."

"Never as lucky as I am." I whisper and I feel our body leaning toward each other. "Is that..."

"Do it." She commands and I don't hesitate.

I softly close the gap between us and kiss her soft lips. At first, it's an innocent kiss as if we are scared to break each other. But then, Alexia brings me closer to her and our kiss gets heated. After two minutes, when air is more than needed, we stop kissing and just look at each other.

"I can't wait to be able to do this every day." Alexia smiles brightly putting her forehead on mine.

"It'll be my greatest pleasure." I smile back.

"Look at these love birds." Jennifer interrupts. "Care to join? Aitana wants her karaoke buddy to start the night."

"Sure, be right there." I point at Jennifer, and she leaves. "Ready?"

"Yes..." She sighs. "Oh, and before I forget. Can you bring me home tonight? Alba is going to get drunk."

"Sure thing." I peck her lips, and she makes me do it again. "It's going to be hard to stop."

"We don't have to." I can feel her smirk against my lips.

"They are waiting for us, come on." I giggle and she kisses me one last time.

"Let's go." She stands up and we go to the party.