Jealous Much ?

At the end of the game, as Alexia is on the bench, we all congratulate her and hug her. After she spends a little time with Jorge, she turns to me and opens her arms.

"Come here." She whispers and wraps her arms around my neck. "You did great."

"You're the one we celebrate, Ale." I chuckle. "You did great."

She takes a step back looking at me with a smirk and nods. We walk to our teammates and Sandra manages to catch Alexia and we all gather to send her in the air. We jump yelling "Ballon de Oro" and we spend a little time together. After that, I go to Lisa, and we chat a bit before going to the stand to see our families and friends.

"Meisje!" Shanice jumps on me. "You played well. We are so proud."

"I'm glad you guys could make it." I say hugging her and Lieke.

"We wouldn't miss this." Lieke winks at me.

I hug Viv and Daan, and then my family, before turning to Jill who is standing a rank under. I first hug her from behind kissing her cheek, then I go to her level, and she opens her arms.

"You came." I whisper in the hug.

"I couldn't miss it." She kisses my hair. "I think you have things to tell me, love."

"About what?" I wonder.

"Why is the Ballon d'Or sending glares at me?" She chuckles and I see Alexia's harsh stare on us.

"Well..." I chuckle back. "She might have a little crush on me."

"She is in love with you." Lieke, who heard the talk, corrects.

"Nice one, Worldie." Jill laughs and puts some hairs behind my ear. "Oh, God, she doesn't like that either."

"Stop it." I roll my eyes at my best friend, and she has that look on her face which scares me a bit. "What?"

"Do you trust me?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"Of course, I do." I quickly answer without thinking.

"Then, give me your shirt and kiss my cheek." She winks at me.

"Damn, I'm dead after that, I hope you know..." I sigh.

"Just do it if you want Alexia to make a move." Lieke encourages me.

"I hate you both." I glare at them but do it anyway. "I have to go." I say loudly.

I hug my family and friends and before going back to the team, I take my shirt off, give it to Jill who fakes blushing, little sneaky girl, and I kiss her cheek.

"You both better be right." I whisper to my friends and leave.

I run to the locker room and spot a very mad Alexia in front of the tunnel. She sends me a death glare before going back to the girls. We all celebrate a little more before going to the shower. Everyone takes pictures with the Ballon d'Or and I find myself next to Leila.

"She was mad as hell." Leila whispers in my ear. "Jenni and I had to calm her down."

"What for?" I fake not knowing.

"Jill." Leila simply states.

"What about her?" I frown.

"You two are really close, everyone can see it. Alexia doesn't deal well with that; you'll have to talk to her about it."

"I will..." I sigh knowing I don't want to have this talk, but I have no choice. "Is she always that jealous?"

"She is insecure, Vic, it's not the same." Leila puts her hands on my thigh and looks at me seriously. "Talk to her, you'll understand."

I nod and look at Alexia, who now looks sad more than mad. She fakes a laugh when we take the group picture, but I can see it in her eyes. I decide to walk to her discreetly, so she won't avoid me.

"Can I hold it for a sec?" I ask softly.

"Sure." She hands it to me carefully. "So, did you make your mind?" She asks me.

"About?" I narrow my eyebrows.

"Who's the most beautiful? The Ballon d'Or or me?" She chuckles a bit.

"Well now that I have both of you in front of me, it makes no doubt in my mind." I hand her the Ballon d'Or back. "You're by far the most beautiful one, and I rather hold you anytime."

"We really need to talk, right?" She whispers looking at me sadly.

"I think we do, definitely." I send her a small smile back.

"Come to my room when we arrive at the hotel, Jenni will let us some privacy." She states and I nod.

I go back to my locker and get ready to leave. Once we are in the bus, Aitana sits next to me and puts her head on my shoulder.

"Be careful with her heart." She whispers softly.

"You knew?" I ask surprised.

"Yeah, I was just too nice to throw you and her under the bus." Aitana giggles. "I know Alexia by heart. She can't lie to me. And I know you pretty well too now."

"Thank you, Aitana." I kiss her hair and put my head above hers. "It means a lot."

"Be happy, it's the most important thing." She smiles. "And you can room with me whenever you want to. Even in Barcelona."

"Do you know everything?" I chuckle.

"I'm small, people don't see me listening to their talk." She laughs and we end the way talking like that.

Once we arrive, we all separate in our rooms, except this time, Jennifer is coming to mine and I'm going to hers.