Great Night In Sevilla

November 30th, 2021, Sevilla

Victoria's POV

We all gather for the pre-game meeting. I'm between Jennifer and Mariona as we are going to start as forward. Jorge is giving us the game plan and I can see how it will work, we have to be patient, but if we do as he asks us, we'll beat Scotland easily.

"What was that kiss in the neck about?" Jennifer whispers so only I can hear.

"Is this the moment you choose to ask me things like this?" I narrow my eyes at her.

"I need to know, I wanted to ask before but you're always with Leila, Alexia is right about that." Jen chuckles and I glare at her.

"Fuck off, you'll know nothing." I stick my tongue out at her and she laughs quietly.

"We'll see that, save me a seat in the bus." She winks at me and focus back.

We end the meeting and I walk to my room. Once I'm in front of my door, I spot Alexia waiting for Jenni.

"Still waiting for her, I see." I chuckle and she smiles at me. "You look tired."

"I'm so sleepy, it hurts." She pouts and walks to me.

"Want a hug?" I ask opening my arms.

"Gladly." She pulls me in a hug softly and I wrap my arm around her waist. "You're short."

"Eh, you're tall, that's not the same thing." I pout against her neck making her shiver.

"It's cute, don't worry." She kisses my temple softly.

"You know what else is cute?" We hear Jen whistling behind us. "You two together."

"She's such a pain in the ass." I growl and let go of Alexia.

"I have to agree on that one." Alexia frowns at my gesture. "Can you open the door?"

"Sure, lover girl." Jennifer teases Alexia letting her in their room and winks at me knowingly. "Me gusta." She shows us and winks.

"Did I tell you I hate you already?" I ask her with a smile.

"We both know you don't mean that, newbie." She comes to me in a slow run, hugs me and kisses my forehead. "I'm so happy."

Then, she enters her room and I enter mine waiting for Leila and Aitana to join me. Once we are ready, we walk to the bus and Jen comes next to me. She puts her music on and decides not to bother me, which I am grateful for.

We arrive quickly at the stadium, I'm a bit nervous today because not only my family is here but Shanice, Lieke, Viv, Daan and Jill decided to come see the game since I'm playing against Lisa, Viv's girlfriend, and Kim, Arsenal's captain. They played yesterday against Japan and draw, so they decided to come to my game to have fun. Those girls are some of my best friends and I want to make them proud.

"Are you stressed to play in front of them?" Aitana wonders as we exit the bus.

"A bit, I want them to be proud, you know?" I smile a bit.

"Who is there for you, Worldie?" Alba wonders. "I thought Sandie and Viola couldn't make it."

"Oh, they couldn't. My Dutch friends are here though." I smile widely.

"Jill is here?" Irene wonders and I nod. "Is she your girlfriend, or what?"

"Again, no." I sigh. "Best friend, not girlfriend. Thank you."

"I've tried to find you someone, you won't be mad at me later." Irene pats my shoulder and walks to the locker room.

"Oh, trust me, if you were jealous of me, wait to see her with that Jill girl, you're going to die, Ale." I hear Leila laugh a bit on the inside of the bus, but I ignore that.

This is going to be harder than I thought. I get that I am a very touchy person with my friends, but that's clearly my Spanish side showing there, and if Alexia is going to be jealous every time I am close to my friends, we're not going to make it.

I try to forget about this entire situation, and I get into my head to focus only on my game. I guess it shows because no one tries to talk to me, not even Leila or Aitana. We go for the warmups, and I hear Shanice and Jill shouting like crazy people, both wearing my Lyon shirt I gave them. Lieke is wearing my Levante shirt I exchange with her after our last game, and all my family is wearing my Spain shirt. I wave at them and do a heart sign with my fingers before getting into the real deal.

Back in the locker room, I feel really good, as if fire is burning in my legs and around my entire body. I am the first one to get out of the locker room and keep replaying Jorge's strategy in my head. We walk to the pitch leading by Irene. As the Scottish anthem echoes the stadium, a tear up a bit, my father always cries when he hears it because it's a very powerful anthem and the bagpipe makes it even more beautiful. After our anthem, Alexia shows her Ballon d'Or to the crowd and the stadium applauses her as we do.

"Come on girls!" I hear Lisa shout and I turn to her with a smile. "Long time no see, Worldie."

"I'm glad to see you." I hug her. "But we will beat you tonight."

She chuckles and we go to our respective sides. The game starts and we struggle a bit, but at the 20th minute, we've got a corner kick and Leila finds Irene, who gives her back. I start my run first post and Leila sends a beautiful cross to me. I manage to put my head on it, and it goes in the net. I run to Leila with a bright smile, and she hugs me lifting me from the ground. Then, Alexia comes and hugs me quickly letting the others come to the hug too but never letting go of my waist. We all regroup and agree to keep up.

Then, Mariona scores a beauty, telling me she'll take my nickname one day. I laugh at that, and the game continues. After that, Aitana scores and we end up the half time at 3-0. I discuss a bit with Ona during the half time as we are playing on the same side. We agree on some things to do, and we go back.

At the 58th minute, Alexia is perfectly served by Mariona in the box and makes her run to the goal, I follow and ask for the ball. Alexia manages somehow to send the ball towards me, I'm battling with a defender before pushing the ball in the net. I look at Alexia with a smug smile on my face, what was that? We laugh and hug while our teammates join us.

"And we are calling you Worldie and not me?" Mariona laughs earning smiles from everyone.

"Not my greatest, I have to admit." I chuckle and walk back to our side.

Then, Aitana scores after a complicated situation in front of the goal. At the 64th minute, Mariona sends Leila in deep, who crosses for Alexia, who scores easily. 6-0. What a game. Jorge makes me go off the pitch at the 74th minute, Esther taking my place. I sit happily on the bench near Patri and Leila who went out earlier too.

"Well done, Worldie." Patri high five me. "Can't wait to play with you again."

"Maybe sooner than later." I wink at her, and a bright smile comes on both Leila and hers faces.

"Is it for real?" Leila points at me and I put my finger in front of my mouth.

"It's a secret." I smirk and they hug each other.

"Best news." Patri smiles and we keep on watching the game.

Jennifer scores and Mariona once again does an amazing job, scoring an absolutely brilliant goal.

"I give up my nickname to her anytime." I tell Alba who is sitting next to me.

"She is great." We all agree with Alba and watch the end of the game.