Pre Supercopa Training

January 18th, 2022, La Ciudad de Futbol de Las Rozas

            We have arrived in Madrid for the Supercopa Semi and Final, the federation makes all four games being played here, even if it is not the best thing for us, for women's football in general and mainly for the supporters who haven't been able to come here to see us play. I know Alexia was pretty mad about it, I've heard her and Andrea talking about it in the plane, and it wasn't pretty, but she has made her point in press conference in a beautiful and sophisticated way. My girl is a real Queen no matter what.

            The first minutes of the training are filmed by the RFEF, so Johnathan makes us do some easy warmup and drill exercises, so we won't give our opponents any indications. After stretching up, we separate in two groups to do some rondos. I am with Patri, Leila, Mapi, Mel, Jana, Asisat, Claudia, Cata and Irene. We are having a lot of fun and with the loud people we have in my rondo, it's definitely being heard by the other group. At some point, I manage to nutmeg Claudia and everyone loudly cheer.

"Won't happen if you kept your legs closed, Pina." Patri teases the younger one and I see Leila's face closing up.

"I can't help it when I am near you and Vic, it's almost automatic." Claudia smirks and Patri and I laugh at her answer.

"Don't involve me in any of it, girls." I raise my hands in defense.

"You clearly don't want Ale coming after you, Claudia." Mel chuckles and we quickly take a look at the opposite side who has stopped playing to do the next exercise, seeing the harsh look on Alexia's face.

"My legs close very easily around Victoria!" Claudia shouts and we all laugh except Leila who is still frowning.

            As we have finished the rondo thing, we walk to the water, and I go to Leila.

"What was that?" I wonder.

"What?" She answers coldly.

"Leila..." I sigh.

"Sorry, I am frustrating." She sends me a small smile. "Don't you think Patri and Claudia are very close? Like not in a good way for me close?"

"I don't know, didn't really ask myself that..." I admit. "Do you want me to watch it and I'll tell you honestly?"

"You would do that for me?"

"Sure thing, let's go, they are waiting for us." I tap Leila's shoulder and she hugs me quickly.

"Thank you." She whispers and we run to the next exercise.

            Since there is no more journalist or camera around the pitch, Johnathan has set up a positioning exercise. Every girl is playing the role they would play in games. First, we are doing it by wave, the first wave being Leila, Mapi, Irene, Marta, Patri, Claudia, me, Caro, Asisat, Lieke. We do the routine Johnathan wants us to do and it works very well. We keep doing it for some time and the chemistry between Patri and I on the field seems to never fade away.

"Hey, Worldie." Patri calls me while the other group does the exercise.

"Yeah?" I walk to her.

"I want to try something. Would you mind helping me?" She smirks.

"I'm in." I smile and I listen to her.

            Once it is our turn again, I try to remember correctly what Patri told me and it honestly makes sense, so I know we are going to be good. While the ball is travelling from Marta's feet to Caro, I start my run forward allowing Patri to have a lot of space behind me, Caro sees it perfectly and gives the ball to Patri. Knowing what is next, I change the direction of my run to the penalty area. Patri sends a long ball to Lieke on the other side, and Asisat who understands, goes to the second post. Lieke crosses right where I am and I control the ball with my chest, protecting it with my body perfectly. I don't need to look up to know Patri is right behind me, I pass the ball to her and she sends a masterclass in the top corner. I run to her and jump in her arms.

"Very interesting play, girls!" Johnathan applauds. "Alexia, change with Claudia, I want to see the three of you together."

"He won't be disappointed." Patri smirks.

            For the first three actions, we keep doing what Johnathan wants but at some point, I see something that we could do easily.

"Ale!" I call her and she gets to us quickly. "When Patri has to do her run forward, we need to cross our runs, so you'll be the one having the ball near the box. I'll be right behind you, you just have to pass it to me and bang, I score."

"Can work." Patri smiles.

"I trust you." Alexia nods and we all get back in our spot.

            Seeing it's an exercise with no defender, just the plastic mannequin on the pitch, I think this is going to be easy. When Patri turns around to find the pass forward, Alexia and I quickly cross our runs. Patri gives the ball to Alexia perfectly, Alexia doesn't even control it but sends me in deep with a beautiful back heel. I don't think that much and use my right foot to bend the ball from where it's coming, and the ball ends its course in the top right corner.

"Way to remind us why we call you, Worldie." Jenni shouts and applauds.

"Good thinking." Alexia comes and hugs me.

"Good passing." I wink at her.

"We need to try it in games." Patri smiles.