Careful

We end the exercise and then, Johnathan wants us to do a little game. 10 vs 10. One team is lining up like this. (4-3-2) Sandra - Marta, Jana, Irene, Leila – Ingrid, Alexia, Ona – Frida, Jennifer. The other one like this. (3-2-3-1) Cata – Andrea, Mapi, Mel – Patri, Me – Lieke, Claudia, Caro – Asisat.

            We start the game, and I am marking Alexia, easy thing for me because I am used to it ever since we've played with Levante against Barcelona. I know she is getting frustrated because I am taking every ball before her, and the girls don't seem to be able to adjust their ways to find her.

            At some point, I manage to intercept another pass before Alexia can have it, I quickly pass it to Claudia who gives it back to me, I send Asisat in deep, she dribbles Jana and crosses the ball to the perfect spot I am in since I kept running forward. I easily put the ball in the net, and we all celebrate. Alexia shouts to Ona to be cleverer on the pass and quickly apologizes because she knows it's unfair for the younger one. But unfortunately, it doesn't make her frustration against me stop. On the next play, Patri gives me the ball and I run forward. Suddenly, I feel my entire body being send in the air from behind spectacularly and I land heavily on the knee of the one who tackled me. Hearing the other one wince in pain, I immediately recognize Alexia and I turn to her worriedly.

"Ale!" John runs to us. "What the hell was that?! It's training not war."

"Yeah, sorry." She quickly stands up, trying to forget about the pain in her knee. "Won't do it again."

"You can't let frustration have the best on you so easily." Johnathan states and leaves while Alexia is helping me to get up.

"Sorry." She whispers.

"How's the knee?" I whisper back and she frowns.

"Don't tell him... I can't be benched for the Semi and the Final." She pleads.

"We'll talk about that later. But be careful, okay? I don't want you to be injured." We hug quickly showing there is no fight going on.

"Thank you for caring, but I'm used to it. Don't worry." She smiles and goes back to the game.

            After that, we win easily because Alexia had calmed down, and their team is just letting go, not wanting to hurt anyone else. At the end of training, I go back to my hotel room I share with Leila and quickly go to the shower, not wanting to be all sweaty for too long. Once I'm dressed up, I go back to the bedroom just to see Leila sadly telling something to Alexia.

"What's up?" I frown.

"Can't you guess?" Leila chuckles sadly.

"Patri?" I wonder. "Give me a week, I'll tell you what she wants."

"What if she doesn't want to wait a week?" Alexia raises her eyebrow clearly annoyed by the situation.

"Then, she doesn't have too, I'm just offering, babe. No need to come after me." I raise my hand in defense.

"Don't fight for me, girls, I'm going to the shower, we'll talk after that." Leila leaves to the bathroom.

"Sorry, love, you know how I get around players...." Alexia stands up and walks to me.

"Yeah..." I sigh. "How's your knee?" I wonder.

"It'll be fine, the physios will make sure I can play." She informs me and hugs me. "Don't be overprotective over that, okay? I know what I'm doing."

"If you say so..." I roll my eyes, and she puts her hands on both sides of my face making me look at her.

"I mean it, Vic, I don't want you to get worried about me." She looks at me in the eyes. "We need you and your mind 100% on the game, not on me, not on anything else."

"Sure thing, captain." I fake a smile and she glared at me. "The player won't be worried, the girlfriend will always, you can't control that part."

"I can be okay with that." She nods and pecks my lips lovingly. "Sorry for the tackle."

"You wanted to kill me. I get that." I joke around and she laughs.

"Did you see how good you were? Honestly, you're my worst nightmare, I hate playing against you."

"Lucky you, we're partner now, on and off the pitch." I smile and kiss her.

"Nothing feels better than that." She smiles happily.

"Even wining the Champions?" I wonder knowingly.

"Oh... well, maybe we can make an exception for that one." She chuckles and hugs me.

"You guys are disgustingly in love. It makes me hate you right now." Leila walks behind us.

            We laugh at our friend's statement, and we join her on my bed talking about her love life and how we can help her getting over her sadness.

"And if she chooses Claudia over you, she will be the loser, not you." Alexia points out.

"I love Patri, but I have to agree on that one, if she can't see you're the best person for her, she'll be in the wrong." I admit.

"Why is it so hard to find the right person, huh?" Leila wonders putting her head on my lap.

"Because it's not something you choose." Alexia states looking at me. "It is something that shows up one day, when you don't think much of it. But suddenly it makes sense, and you can't deny it anymore."

"Like a back heel in a Champions League's final?" Leila wonders childishly.

"Something like that, yes." Alexia chuckles and I flash her a smile.

"Or like a post-game interview where someone says there is no distance." I wink at Alexia.

"You guys could be married already if you knew about each other's feelings." Leila chuckles.

"Maybe you and Patri too." I wiggle my eyebrows. "Maybe you guys just need to confess your feelings for each other."

"Not happening." Leila denies. "Not with her behavior right now."

"Fair enough." Alexia nods and I sigh defeated.